Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Audiophile USB Trouble (Read 3343 times) previous topic - next topic

Audiophile USB Trouble

Hello all, this is my first post here.  I did a lot of reading here, and the posts that I read convinced me to get a M-Audio Audiophile USB.  I'm using just for 2 channel playback, and the soundquality is a HUGE improvement over the Audigy2 I have.  I'm feeding a Krell 400xi to a pair of Paradigm Sig S2s, and I like using my PC for a music server. 

Anyway...  The reason I got the USB version is to get rid of all the PC noise that I had with the A2.  I plug it in, the driver install didn't work (and I never got the install to work correctly).  I manually installed the drivers and it's working just fine now.  But... I still get backround noise!  Now, I can only hear it at loud volume levels, but its still there.  I can't hear it when I plug my headphones into the Audiophile, but I hear it out of my speakers, and my Creek OBH-11 Headphone amp.  I know its no my system, its coming from my PC.  And, the bizzar part is, the noise is worse in different USB ports! 

So does anybody have any idea how to solve this?  Otherwise I'll return it and get a regular internal Audiophile (unless you feel it sounds worse). 

Cheers - Ryan

Audiophile USB Trouble

Reply #1
You could try grounding (bonding, actually) your computer case to your amp.  Alternatively, you could look into this.
Gur svggrfg funyy fheivir lrg gur hasvg znl yvir. Jr zhfg ercrng.

Audiophile USB Trouble

Reply #2
Thanks for the info, i'll give that a shot.

Audiophile USB Trouble

Reply #3
Yeah, I def. have a huge ground loop problem/dirty power.  I'm thinking about picking up a Monster Powercenter to solve the problem. 

Thanks for your help.