Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: fix OV_HOLE and TRUNCATED .ogg files (Read 2660 times) previous topic - next topic

fix OV_HOLE and TRUNCATED .ogg files

hi there. i just posted this at riovolution.org and one guy suggested me to post it here.

i just tagged a bunch of ogg files with tagscanner and some of them got screwed up.
before tagging they played fine, after tagging they played with lots of skips during the track (the playtime goes normal second by second).
after testing all my files, both the old ones and this new batch, with oggtester, it delivered:

No Borders, No Nations (03-13).ogg...ERROR (OV_HOLE @ 0m 00s) for the new ones and
Against The Grain (02.06).ogg...ERROR (TRUNCATED @ 2m 06s) for some of the old.

the truncated files still play fine and the time refers to the end of the song (2m06s), so i don't know what it means.
the ov_hole files are the ones who got screwed up at playback after tagging and they all start at the begining (@0m00s).

i tried to remove the tags, then re-tag and no success both with tag & rename and foobar.
here's the information about one of the corrupted files.

X:\02.MEDIA\02.MUSIC\01.ALBUM\Punk Rock\Anti-Flag\(2002) Byo Series, Vol. 4\03. No Borders, No Nations (03-13).ogg
  General
      Complete name : X:\02.MEDIA\02.MUSIC\01.ALBUM\Punk Rock\Anti-Flag\(2002) Byo Series, Vol. 4\03. No Borders, No Nations (03-13).ogg
      Format : Ogg
      File size : 3.43 MiB
      PlayTime : 2mn 59s
      Bit rate : 160 Kbps
  Audio #17340
      Codec : Vorbis
      Bit rate : 160 Kbps
      Channel(s) : 2 channels
      Sampling rate : 44 KHz
      Title : No Borders, No Nations
      Writing library : Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20050304
      Date : 2002
      Publisher : Better Youth Organization
      Genre : Punk Rock
      Album : BYO Series, Vol. 4
      TrackNumber : 03/06
      Band/orchestra/accompaniment : Bouncing Souls/Anti-Flag
      Composer : #2 Chris/Anti-Flag
      Artist : Anti-Flag
      BAND : Various

is there a way to fix this or do i have to delete them?
could it be a bug in the Xiph.Org libVorbis I 20050304?

[EDIT]
one of the corrupted tracks i played more than once, now shows a time of 0:42 (original was 4:37) while other corrupted tracks show the right playtime but still play with skips.

thanks for your help in advance.