Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Playlist switcher does not respect playback order (Read 530 times) previous topic - next topic

Playlist switcher does not respect playback order

Hello. I've started using the playlist switcher provided with foobar but I've noticed that when I double click on one playlist, it will always start with the song that was currently playing from that playlist before following the playback order. This may sounds confusing so here's an example:

Imagine Playlist A contains tracks A1, A2 ... A9 and Playlist B contains tracks B1, B2 ... B9. I set my playback order on random. I double click Playlist A and A2 starts playing, then A7, as expected by my random playback order. Before A7 is done I switch over to Playlist B and track B5 starts playing. All fine until then, but if I switch back to Playlist A, A7 will systematically be played again instead of a random A track, and if I switch back to Playlist B I will get B5. Switching back once again to Playlist A will result in A7 being played once more...

I'd like to be able to switch playlist dynamically and get a new random track everytime I switch, if my playback order is random or shuffle that is. Of course I can switch to a playlist then immediately click the "skip" button, but I'd rather have it done automatically (and I'd expect it to behave this way). Is there anything that can be done? Thank you.