Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: iOS iphone app, how to add a new folder to the library. (Read 446 times) previous topic - next topic

iOS iphone app, how to add a new folder to the library.

Using Foobar2000 mobile app on an iPhone 11 (iOS 17) and I want to add a new folder location to the Library that is not the main Foobar2000 folder or the native ipod/iphone music app folder.

Why? I am using an external microSDXC card with a lightning port microreader to store a large portable music library and I can't transfer it to my iphone ssd as I don't have enough storage. There is no option for adding a new folder location so I was hoping there was a way to either: 1) change the FooBar folder location to the external drive pathway; or 2) Add the external drive as a pseudo 'network location' using the local pathway.

The microSD card reads and plays music just fine on the iPhone I just don't know how to get FooBar to add data from it.

Re: iOS iphone app, how to add a new folder to the library.

Reply #1
To my knowledge, iOS applications, not limited to foobar 2000 for mobile, should not be able to access files outside of the directory reserved for the application.
In the Android version, you can specify an external SD card from Tools > Media Library, but this is not possible in the iOS version.

Therefore, the only way to play an external source on an iOS device with insufficient capacity is to connect to a media server on the network.
Conveniently, the Upnp media server function of the desktop version of foobar2000 allows you to play tracks from the foobar2000 library on your home PC when you are away from home. There are some barriers in terms of data traffic and security...

Another option is to use Tools > Play location... but I have not been able to use this feature on an iOS device.