Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Is there a way to improve Lame setting for this sample (Read 18045 times) previous topic - next topic

Is there a way to improve Lame setting for this sample

Reply #25
...I still can ABX it, but impressive quality indeed. But I can't ABX it from Lame encoded so I can't say which is better. ...

Sounds like you're not too much bothered by the in this case restricted quality of mp3. Glad to also hear that Lame's quality seems not to be too bad for you and this sample.

Other than that I've been more in to this software now and the best way to do it is use a batch mode from within Magix Cleaning Lab to do the encodings.
It's all a bit strange however as the results seem again to be a little bit different (they are excellent to me). I've uploaded the result for your track one last time though I don't expect a significant difference.
lame3995o -Q1.7 --lowpass 17

Reply #26
Interesting, I wonder just out of curiosity how ogg, aac and mpc handle this piece

Reply #27
Interesting, I wonder just out of curiosity how ogg, aac and mpc handle this piece

... I don't find any artifact in other codec (OGG, AAC, MPC) for this sample (except lossyWAV, which is also very easy to ABX but that's off topic) but other codecs are not suitable for distribution.

Reply #28

... I don't find any artifact in other codec (OGG, AAC, MPC) for this sample (except lossyWAV, which is also very easy to ABX but that's off topic) but other codecs are not suitable for distribution.

thx
/me slaps head in keyboard