Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_browser (Read 425041 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_browser

Reply #75
It's kind of an ugly (and probably slow) way to do it, but you could try this maybe:

$if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta(artist,1),1,4)),$substr($meta(artist,1),5,$len($meta(artist,1))),$meta(artist,1))
[, $if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta(artist,2),1,4)),$substr($meta(artist,2),5,$len($meta(artist,2))),$meta(artist,2))]
[, $if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta(artist,3),1,4)),$substr($meta(artist,3),5,$len($meta(artist,3))),$meta(artist,3))]
[, $if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta(artist,4),1,4)),$substr($meta(artist,4),5,$len($meta(artist,4))),$meta(artist,4))]
[, $if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta(artist,5),1,4)),$substr($meta(artist,5),5,$len($meta(artist,5))),$meta(artist,5))]

(and so on depending on how many different artist fields you think you might have in a given file)
~

foo_browser

Reply #76
Hey cwbowron, thanks for this plugin. It keeps getting better and better. Just a couple observations:

In the newest version (1.0beta5), the files sent to the '*Browser*' playlist seem to be in random order.

I know you're trying to avoid feature bloat, and this is pretty minor, but do you think the playlist name will be configurable in the future?

foo_browser

Reply #77
In the newest version (1.0beta5), the files sent to the '*Browser*' playlist seem to be in random order.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375627"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I am having the same problem in regards the playlist being in random order...

foo_browser

Reply #78
First of all, Chris, thank you for this plugin.  I love it!

Is it currently possible to use both "tag" and "%tag%" in the formatting?  I like how "tag" lists all the artists I have in each multiple artist track, but I'd also like to sort it so that artists that have a "The " prefix can be shown in alphabetical order without taking the prefix into account.

I've tried using the following:
Code: [Select]
$if($stricmp('The ',$substr(%artist%,1,4)),$substr(%artist%,5,$len(%artist%)),%artist%)
, but couldn't use "artist" with it.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375611"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Actually, disregard my last post, i think i know a better way. The best way, probably. Try this:

$meta_sep(artist,', ')

So if you have ARTIST=Bob and ARTIST=Joe and ARTIST=Steve, it'll show up like:

Bob, Joe, Steve

I guess you can just use that in place of %artist%, i assume it sorts in alphabetical order? :shrug:

Also, agreed on sorting, that needs to be fixed please/thanks. :p
~

foo_browser

Reply #79
Thanks for the suggestions lav-chan, but neither seemed to work.  The first suggestion is what I was looking for, but using the $meta(artist,0) in place of %artist% actually produced only [All] and <MISSING> and nothing else in the Artist browser.

I tried $meta(artist) alone as well and that produced the same result, so it seems that the $meta function does not work for the browser formatting.

foo_browser

Reply #80
cwbowron,

I'm not clear on the distinction between adding to the playlist and adding to playback queue. If they are the same, read on, otherwise neglect the rest of my post.

As it is now left or right clicking on a field in the browser panels changes the content of the playlist. This renders the right click context option add to playback queue obsolete, since the playlist is overwritten with that right click selection anyway. Does that make sense?

foo_browser

Reply #81
Thanks for the suggestions lav-chan, but neither seemed to work.  The first suggestion is what I was looking for, but using the $meta(artist,0) in place of %artist% actually produced only [All] and <MISSING> and nothing else in the Artist browser.

I tried $meta(artist) alone as well and that produced the same result, so it seems that the $meta function does not work for the browser formatting.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375650"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Oh... huh. You're right, $meta doesn't work there. I have a bunch of $if and $stricmp thingies in my formatting and they all work fine, it's just $meta and $meta_sep that aren't working.

Bug?
~

foo_browser

Reply #82
When I have the panels in focus, my global hotkeys doesn't work. I have to put something else in focus first. Quite annoying.

Also, there's a small black border around the panels when I set the background to the dark colour

foo_browser

Reply #83
Bug?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375661"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that's a problem due to the way I was detecting whether to use the TAGZ formatting or use the multiple tag method... my original method was to test whether there was a "%" in the string... if you were just using $meta() commands there would be no %... I will be switching so that the test is whether there is a % or a $ in the string.
There used to be a link to my website here.

foo_browser

Reply #84
in the most recent version whenever i start foobar horizontal scroll bars are shown in browser panels but they aren't actually needed...changing the width only slightly causes them to disappear but on a restart they are back again
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375604"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

foo_browser

Reply #85
and why not a separate component, like AlbumList.

foo_browser

Reply #86
Did anybody know that, being the Win Listview function, you can select as in the right end pane of Win explorer? Even directly with the mouse drawing a rectangle if you start outside a text...

foo_browser

Reply #87
Well this plugin seems promising, although it's rather slow as of yet. Also foobar was using up 250 MB of memory while i used it

foo_browser

Reply #88
released 1.0beta6

*  sort before sending to *Browser* playlist
    * strings with $ or % in them treated as TAGZ formats, others treated as multi-tags
    * Key processing in panels
    * Do not automatically activate *Browser* playlist

foo_browser

Reply #89
The sorting is better, but i think it still needs work. Could you make it use the default sorting string (the one in the 'General' preferences)? That would be amazing.

mimeryme's problem seems to be solved, in any case. $if($stricmp('The ',$substr($meta_sep(artist,', '),1,4)),$substr($meta_sep(artist,', '),5,$len($meta_sep(artist,', '))),$meta_sep(artist,', ')) works the way i think he wants it to.

And i see what aliumalik is talking about. Horizontal scroll bars do appear sometimes when they're not needed, and then they go away if you resize the panel. :shrug:
~

foo_browser

Reply #90
Nice update, however:

Initial state where it sends everything to play list is still not sorted right

Also clicking an album in album panel, then clicking [All] in album panel does not sort right but sorts all tracknumbers 01's and 02's and so together in groups. Switching to another artist and then click the artist itself again does put the tracks in the right order (as in grouped per album) though.

foo_browser

Reply #91
I just gave it a try and found following issues:

1) The browse playlist isn't sorted here and I cannot find any option for how it should be sorted (I would propose to use the "Sort incoming files by" string from the preferences (general)).

2) A button/context menu option for repopulating the panels since when a tag has changed they don't seem to adapt (you have to restart foobar2000 atm).

foo_browser

Reply #92
The Link, the Library > Reset Browsers menu command seems to repopulate the list (although it takes a bit for it to refresh and doesn't give you any notice that it's actually doing anything).
~

foo_browser

Reply #93
2) A button/context menu option for repopulating the panels since when a tag has changed they don't seem to adapt (you have to restart foobar2000 atm).
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375934"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Main Menu: Library->Reset Browsers

foo_browser

Reply #94
Main Menu: Library->Reset Browsers
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375942"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes, that works. Albumlist uses the expression "refresh" for this, perhaps this would make it more clear (at least for me). Thanks anyway.

foo_browser

Reply #95
released 1.0beta6

*  sort before sending to *Browser* playlist
    * strings with $ or % in them treated as TAGZ formats, others treated as multi-tags
    * Key processing in panels
    * Do not automatically activate *Browser* playlist

[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=375928"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I sort of liked the way the Browser playlist was automatically activated. Could you add that back as an option? Also, could we have the option of changing the playlist name?

I'm not sure how the sorting is supposed to be working right now. For me, it sorts by album whenever I make a selection but doesnt seem to take track numbers into account. Can we customize this?

foo_browser

Reply #96
I found using the following for a panel is awsome. I call it Decade. :-) Much more usefull than title. Works wonders on filtering out that "classic" rock.

$cut(%date%,3)0

foo_browser

Reply #97
I was thinking about doing that a few weeks ago, but then i remembered that i have a whole bunch of re-releases and movie soundtracks and greatest-hits albums, so it'd be kinda pointless that way. Almost need a dedicated 'decade' tag. :/
~

foo_browser

Reply #98
Although it only seems to limit the selection down in one way. Playlist is as expected. However, artists and album panels don't "narrow" though they do work in the opposite direction. Any ideas?
Thanks for the component BTW.

foo_browser

Reply #99
lol ya those albums throw things off. which is why there is supposed to be a tag for album release and a seperate tag for song release..... atleast in the id3 spec. (or something to that affect) No apps I know of take advantage of it though. Which is why I "fixed" all my years to the song release. then include the album release in the comments. Way over kill I know but I really do listen by decade alot.