Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Free software to make mp3 cds (Read 4309 times) previous topic - next topic

Free software to make mp3 cds

A while ago when I got my burner and mp3 cd player I used a bundled software program called sony cd extreme. It got the job done but I never really liked its layout and ease of use. I know nero can easily make data cds, but I only have the trial version. Can anyone recommend a free reliable program that can do this? Thanks.

Btw, I know windows xp, which I use, has a native data cd burner, but you can't save what you did so I rarely use it.

Reply #3
iTunes can make mp3 CDs, too.

Reply #4
I used a bundled software program called sony cd extreme. It got the job done but I never really liked its layout and ease of use.

But it has the best support for long file names, very useful for MP3 files.  (up to 212 chars). I should try the latest version of one of its clones, RecordNow Max.

Nero 5.x only supports up to 64 chars, and Nero 6 up to 109 or something like that.

Burnatonce also supports long file names.
But I don't know how to save a compilation, so it's useless for me.

Reply #5
Another vote for burnatonce: its easy to use, small, and has been extremely reliable. I've also found it excellent for creating a compilation of mp3 files to burn to an audio cd.

.dd.

Reply #6
Burnatonce also supports long file names.
But I don't know how to save a compilation, so it's useless for me.

Downloading it now to check it out.

Reply #7
Burnatonce doesn't like my Sony CD writer. It says that it doesn't have support for CUE sheets, and refuses to write any kind of CD. I know, CD Writer's fault... So i've been using CDBurnerXP Pro.
Glauber Ribeiro
Yoyodine Propulsion Systems - The future starts tomorrow!

Reply #8
Hmm. It seems burnatonce doesn't use m3u files to create data cd compilations, and doesnt save them in any format either. That sucks. I guess I'll give cdburnerxppro a shot... unless someone knows how to save stuff in burnatonce....

Reply #9
Hmm. It seems burnatonce doesn't use m3u files to create data cd compilations, and doesnt save them in any format either. That sucks. I guess I'll give cdburnerxppro a shot... unless someone knows how to save stuff in burnatonce....

My machine isn't in windows now,but as I recall....  Saving a compilation in BAO would be the image.. or roughly 700 mB.  But you can generate the m3u playlist using winamp or whatever then drag it into the BAO mastering window and all the tracks appear.