Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What to do with the tag "Comment/Description"? (Read 1602 times) previous topic - next topic

What to do with the tag "Comment/Description"?

So, I begin retagging all my music collection and I faced some problems. One of them — Comment tag. The fact is that songwriters can write beautiful artistic description of the contents. Can write a short, "this song is about ...." Can write that prompted them to write this song. Some interesting facts, historical information. Can not write anything at all, or something like "I did a thing." I certainly understand that there never can be any standards for this, but still like the fact that in one track comment write something like "this song is about ..." and nothing in second trackj, looking a bit. .. ugly? The second song about nothing? Should I write in this tag all the comments of the author? Or just something specific? Should I write there something on my own, even though the same thing, "This is a song about ..."?
What do you think about this and how do you use this tag (may be not used)?
Apologize for my bad english.
This topic is a bit like the topic "I hate genre tag", yeah =)

Reply #1
Comment can be anything, that's sort of the whole point.  Usually anything, or nothing, that doesn't fit anywhere else.

What codec is this?  Some support multiple comment tags, although different programs will handle that in different ways, not all of them nice.

Reply #2
What codec is this?  Some support multiple comment tags, although different programs will handle that in different ways, not all of them nice.
FLAC. Yes, I know, but I don't see any reason to make much sense in this.

Reply #3
I use it to store 'decade' 80,90,00, etc

reason being too many files have an empty year tag and I don't want to lookup/guess but I know the decade off the top of my head...
"...ambience?, I AM ambience!"