Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Simplest Wavpack to mp3 Converter (Read 13820 times) previous topic - next topic

Simplest Wavpack to mp3 Converter

I love wavpack and I always encourage others to use it over APE or FLAC, but most people I know (not computer heavyweights  ) get confused when trying to convert them.

Yesterday I helped someone with his EAC to Wavpack then he was all confused as how to convert it to mp3 for his player.

So in your opinions what is the EASIEST conveter out there. I use dbpoweramp and love it but it's not free, would Foobar2000 be the best to recommend? I never have used foobar and was going to download it and see, but I'd figure I'd ask here first and save the problem of DL and installing if it is simple to use.

I teach computer basics at the library for volunteer work and like to show people how to rip CDs and such so I'd like if possible the easiest free wavpack to mp3 converter.

I have also used Wavpack Frontend which is pretty easy and free. I mean I love dbpoweramp, just right click and convert, but as I said, it's not free.

Any thoughts?

Thank you

Reply #1
I love wavpack and I always encourage others to use it over APE or FLAC, but most people I know (not computer heavyweights  ) get confused when trying to convert them.

Well then stop trying to push your computer agenda on lightweights. 

Reply #2

Well then stop trying to push your computer agenda on lightweights. 

I don't see any harm there... 

To answer the question, Foobar is certainly an easy and free way to convert WavPack (and FLAC and APE) files to MP3. I also use Winamp (there's a nice WavPack plugin included in the Winamp Essentials Pack) to convert to MP3, but I believe that feature is only available with the Pro (paid) version.

And thanks for letting people know about WavPack! 

David

Reply #3
Thanks I'll just recommend using Foobar to convert Wavpack files to mp3s

I just want something free and (relatively) easy

Thanks

Reply #4
@EricPost: You could use REACT to rip straight to WavPack and Mp3 without any additional conversions.