Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Ripping+Encoding with RubyRipper and WavPack (Read 5749 times) previous topic - next topic

Ripping+Encoding with RubyRipper and WavPack

Hi evreyone,

I am trying to build up a music library at home with my CD's. thanks to hydrogenaudio I have learn a lot this last weekend but I am still not sorted.

Evrybody seems to agree that the best ripper is Rubyripper, and indeed  seems quite good, but I am having problems because there is no output file! I would like to encode my music into wavpack(everbody seems to agree is the best one)

What I am doing is:
In "Codecs", I choose "Other = /usr/bin/wavpack -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m" -f %i.wav"

I am not sure about the %i.wav, anybody knows what is the correct way? There is no encoding happening!

I tried as well with just %i, but no output neither.

Anybody knows which is the right command?

Thanks again,
Jofre

Moderation: Moved topic to CD Hardware/Software. Deleted duplicate topic.

Reply #1
I'm not 100% sure if it works since I've never really used it. If it doesn't work right, you should file a bug.

But the idea is the following. You set the value in Other:
wavpack -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%g" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%m" -f %i %o.wv
A secure audio ripper for linux: code.google.com/p/rubyripper

Reply #2
Thanks for the reply.

I just tried again with your suggestion, no luck either...

I guess at the end of the day, is somebody doing the code in their free time so we can not be to harsh on them...

I will try to find another way.

I also used Grip to rip but not encode and then encode in command line with just: wavpack -f *.wav, hoping to edit the tags later. But it was doing something strange because after that, Easytag was not seeing the files, and with Ex Falso, I was getting the wrong information from freedb, and no way to search manually, I am looking for a way to more or less automatize things. No time to input the tags by hand!

The only one that work without any problem was banshee, but it is so painfully slow and heavy in resources! Well, not without any problem, because when I tried to open the files ripped and tagged by Banshee with Quod Libet, QL was not able to read them, so... I am getting a bit frustrated with my little project.

If anybody has any suggestions, they more than welcome.

Anyway, thanks.
Jofre

Reply #3
Well, after a while still I have not find how to use rubyripper.

I found do a post (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=183125) that explain what I need to do using Grip.

And yes, I tried to do the same in RubyRipper, changing:

-o %m %w

by:

-o %i %o

which I understand as the equivalent command.

So well, I will sleep better now (here in Paris is 22.39) knowing that I finally can build up my music library.

Goodnight,
Jofre

Reply #4
Code: [Select]
wavpack -w "Artist=%a" -w "Title=%t" -w "Album=%b" -w "Year=%y" -w "Track=%n" -w "Genre=%g" -hhm %i -o "%o.wv"

This works perfect for me in Rubyripper

Reply #5
Thanks for your lines bock. It works for me too.
All the best 
Mario

Reply #6
ok guys thanx for the wavpack line it works a dream

and i can give you 2 more here for mp3HD and tta

mp3hdEncoder -if "%i" -of "%o".mp3 -mode 1 -Title "%t" -Artist "%a" -Album "%b" -Track "%n" -Year "%y" -Genre "%g"

ttaenc -e "%i" -o "%o".tta
yea yer roight !