Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Opus not resampling to 48khz (Read 2048 times) previous topic - next topic

Opus not resampling to 48khz

Hi!

I decided to use Opus as my main codec to store music on my smartphone and, so far, I'm loving it. But there is a minor issue I've noticed. I'm using my 44khz FLACs as source and Opus should resample them to 48khz, at least that's the expected behaviour of opusenc, but the resulting files are stil 44khz. Not that I'm complaining, they sound amazing for the small file size they have, but I was wondering why opusenc isn't resampling my music to 48khz.

Thanks!

Re: Opus not resampling to 48khz

Reply #1
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the "44.1 kHz" opus files are actually 48 kHz internally and there's just a flag saying "resample to 44.1 kHz on decode"?

Re: Opus not resampling to 48khz

Reply #2
It remembers the original sample rate, and when you decoded into a file, it converted it back to 44.1 kHz.

Normally it does not do it for playback, which is a good thing. They must be opted for this so people do not complain that sample rate changed. You can read about it in the RFC.

Triza