Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Delete file from disk when I delete from playlist (Read 1739 times) previous topic - next topic

Delete file from disk when I delete from playlist

Hello to all you on Hydrogen, I am new here.

I am using the free version of FooBar2000 on my XP and would like to know,

Is there a way I can delete a music (.flac or .mp3) file from the hard drive when I remove it from the playlist?

Currently, I can single click on a item in the playlist and hit the delete key, I see it goes away from the play list, but the music stays on the hard drive.

Can I remove both in one operation?

If I right click on a playlist entry, it seems the entire playlist gets highlighted.

Thanks for you help,

Mark.

Reply #1
You need the File Operations plugin (can be selected in foobar2000's installer). I'm not shure why your whole playlist is selected when right-clicking, but maybe you could use 'strg' to select the items you want and then right click -> File Operations -> Delete File(s).

Reply #3
Wander:

That was the ticket, thanks.

dhromed:

I wasn't sure that was the case, just wanted to make sure I put the most info out there I could think of the first time. Thanks.

I am good on this issue, if I can figure out how, I will mark it solved.

Mark.