Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Why Finland rocks (Read 4944 times) previous topic - next topic

Why Finland rocks

They've been airplaying a finnish band on my local radiostation called "The Rasmus".
This band has released a punkrock single, "In The Shadows".

This is the most perfect piece of rock this year. I'm using this thread to pimp it.
Go get it on kaz... I mean - in your local recordstore!

Anyone heard this song besides me? If so - did you fall in love?

Why Finland rocks

Reply #1
I don't think it's nothing but average mainstream Finnish pop. If you want to know what's punk, try to find some Nirvana records and listen

Why Finland rocks

Reply #2
Anyone heard this song besides me? If so - did you fall in love?

It's been on the commersial radio stations for a couple of months together with brittney and friends. It's an ok song, but as manni says: mainstream.

Why Finland rocks

Reply #3
Hi if you know why finland is rocking check out the finish cult band kingston wall . an experience you never will forget.
petri wally will rock forever (rip)

shine on

Why Finland rocks

Reply #4
If you want to know what's punk, try to find some Nirvana records and listen

Are you serious? I like Nirvana but don't really consider it 'punk'.

Punk in the, truest sense of the word, makes me think of bands like:

The Sex Pistols

The Ramones

Dead Kennedys

Black Flag

The Cramps

And just a pile more, but not Nirvana.

Why Finland rocks

Reply #5
I know it's not punk, just choosed a wrong smiley or something like that.

Why Finland rocks

Reply #6
Isn't Finland the same country which banned all instances of Donald Duck from their land because he does not wear pants?

Jeff

Why Finland rocks

Reply #7
Isn't Finland the same country which banned all instances of Donald Duck from their land because he does not wear pants?

Heh  I havn't notice anything like that. But if that has happen i have to go and get some easy money. I have big piles of Donald Duck magazines. 
Strange that there are many pictures of naked girls in kiosk magasine shelf...

Why Finland rocks

Reply #8
I heard "In The Shadows" since his release in Finland (in January 2003, exactly one year ago).
"In The Shadows" maybe is mainstream but is a very good track. Their last album "Dead Letters" climbed European Charts in this period but they made music since 1996. "Funeral Song", 3rd single extracted from "Dead Letters", is actually #1 in Germany.
They're doing a lot of live concerts all over Europe and soon they will go to US and Japan..
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Why Finland rocks

Reply #9

No, not at all. That is a very old urban legend. There was some discussion about whether is appropriate for Donald not to wear pants, but that led absolutely nowhere.

This is actually a country where full frontal nudity gets the US equivalent of 'G' in movie ratings

And I don't care about The Rasmus at all, but on the other hand, I don't listen to lightweight pop.

Why Finland rocks

Reply #10
Howewer "In The Shadows" is not their best song. You have also to listen songs like "Time To Burn", "First Day Of My Life", "In My Life" and "If You Ever" (this last track it's on the UK version of Dead Letters) to know them better.
[ Commodore 64 Forever...! ]

Why Finland rocks

Reply #11
Howewer "In The Shadows" is not their best song. You have also to listen songs like "Time To Burn", "First Day Of My Life", "In My Life" and "If You Ever" (this last track it's on the UK version of Dead Letters) to know them better.

Actually, their newest album (In The Shadows) is in different genre than their previous albums. Get yourself a copy of "Liquid" and you'll realize what kind of crap they did before somebody invented that they should do some "goth" music for German markets. All in all, their music is crap.

Ps. The banning magazines thinf wasn't actually about Donald Duck not wearing pants but about Mickey Mouse being black and wearing white gloves like servants (which actually inherits from vaudeville). It is just easier to tell the kids that Donald Duck might be banned because he doesn't wear pants. (The magazine called Donald Duck contains also stories about Mickey Mouse and other Disney characters.) And this thing happened somewhere in the 50s.

Why Finland rocks

Reply #12
Or even better, listen to their debut album "Peep"

To continue the pointless Donald Discussion, wow Latexxx. I've never, ever, ever in my life heard that, and I can't seem to find any kind of information about that at all. It would make some sense though, at least a lot more than the whole pants issue.

Speaking of pants, it turned out that the whole banning of Donald Duck magazine because he doesn't wear pants is a complete and utter lie. The story is completely fabricated. No one has ever considered, or even hinted about banning Donald Duck because he doesn't wear pants. The whole thing was a misunderstanding of a reporter who apparently suffered from some serious language barrier problems.

It's still funny that according to Google, just about everyone (who has ever heard of Finland) in the world believes that this is true. My god what a shock it will be for them, should they ever visit Finland and find out that we practically worship DD comics, especially Don Rosa's ones