Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Just switched to linux... uhhh... now what? :) (Read 3165 times) previous topic - next topic

Just switched to linux... uhhh... now what? :)

I was using EAC and mac to rip cds, and monkey's gui to encode things and eac to split a cue/wav....    what are the best programs under linux? (redhat 9)

Reply #1
I was using EAC and mac to rip cds, and monkey's gui to encode things and eac to split a cue/wav....    what are the best programs under linux? (redhat 9)

cdparanoia is the ripper. Grip is the front end. If you still have the Windows partition, I'd suggest you to do the rip/encoding on that side and use those files on linux. That's much easier.
The object of mankind lies in its highest individuals.
One must have chaos in oneself to be able to give birth to a dancing star.

Reply #2
grip is cool... how do i configure it for monkey's audio?  they don't appear to have a linux version.... they can't possibly not be supported on linux... can they???

Reply #4
EAC has been reported to run under Linux with the help of some Emulator (e.g. WinE) ... maybe you can get the Monkey's Frontend to work as well ...
The name was Plex The Ripper, not Jack The Ripper

Reply #5
Under Linux you can just use cdparanoia.

Reply #6
Under Linux you can just use cdparanoia.

What Linux Distro do you use Garf? and why?

just curious, thanks...

sorry about off topic-ness

Reply #7
I use some kind of mix between SuSE 5.3, SuSE 6.0, SuSE 6.4 and SuSE 7 combined with a large sauce of manual upgrades on top of it. Most if not everything that was inside the original distribution is gone. I do upgrades and administration manually.

I used to like SuSE, but they are no longer free. I'd probably go for Debian or a similar breed if I had to start from scratch.