Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Scfsi and scalefactor disabling (Read 2221 times) previous topic - next topic

Scfsi and scalefactor disabling

I had a thread ages ago about portable players (more specifically the bugs in mine), and this question came up, but no-one had an answer. What I want to know is
a) How can I disable scfsi usage in Lame?
B) How can I disable scalefactor usage in Lame?
Are there any builds of Lame which have these options? If not, would any dev's think of adding them to the next alpha release? I only really want to use them for hardware compatibility testing, but I would be interested if anyone could give an idea of the quality drop either of these options would likely give purely from an academic standpoint (I take it there would be a quality vs file size drop of some kind). I remember reading somewhere that older versions of Lame did not have these options switched on, so I guess it would also be useful if someone could tell me from which versions of Lame they were 'switched on', as a last resort.

Thanks for any input on this!