Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: how do I turn off .cue file being created? (Read 1857 times) previous topic - next topic

how do I turn off .cue file being created?

When I encode to flac, a .cue file is created. Can't see how to turn it off

Re: how do I turn off .cue file being created?

Reply #1
It's on the WishList
8. Option to disable writing a CUE sheet for separate tracks
It has not been added

The option Create .cue file even if embedded is an option for Mode: Embedded (Images that have the CUE embedded)
@Gregory S. Chudov said he was thinking of adding an option to not write a CUE for Mode: Tracks but it was never done.
korth

Reply #2
ah ok. Thanks!

Reply #3
@dpr could you please explain briefly, why you want to turn off creating the .cue file?
In the example above you show Encode, Mode: Tracks and Audio Output: Lossless.
Are there other cases, where you would like to turn it off?

Reply #5
@dpr could you please explain briefly, why you want to turn off creating the .cue file?
In the example above you show Encode, Mode: Tracks and Audio Output: Lossless.
Are there other cases, where you would like to turn it off?

Sorry for the delay in replying. (I didn't get an email saying there was a message to respond to, but I'm not sure if I should have...been busy on metadata!)

There are two reasons why I want to turn off creating the .cue file:

1)  that I already have a .cue file in the output folder. This is the .cue file that was created when the CD was ripped by EAC. I don't want to overwrite it! Why not output the flacs to a different folder you might ask or suggest?
I have lots of artwork files in the source folder, not just the 'cover' and there doesn't appear to be any way to copy them all to the output folder, so I have to create my flacs in the same folder as the original source .WAV file to keep everything together. A way of copying files would be good, a way of running a command even better - variables being passed of course)

2) I don't want .cue files that are not original cdrwin style cue files in my folder hierarchy. It's confusing and prevents me from running cuetools on a set of folders to batch create flacs or something else. So it's really turning off .cue files being created ever!

Thanks for the special build. I will have a test.
Dave