Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: "Corrupted foobar2000 installation (...) CD Audio Decoder, version 1.6.11" (Read 787 times) previous topic - next topic

"Corrupted foobar2000 installation (...) CD Audio Decoder, version 1.6.11"

Hi, I've been happily using 1.6.11 until now which i installed using the regular installer.
Today i thought it would be a good idea to update it, but after updating i get the error message from the thread title on startup with the prompt to reinstall f2k to correct this.

At first i just tried running the installer for 1.6.16 again, but that didn't work, so i guess the error means to install the old version again, which i did and there was no more error message.

But now i have no idea how to properly update f2k. I also tried the next version after my current (1.6.12) instead of jumping multiple versions, but i got the same error. What do i need to do?

Thanks for the help :)

Re: "Corrupted foobar2000 installation (...) CD Audio Decoder, version 1.6.11"

Reply #1
I found the solution.
After reading the pinned thread about mixing components again (i've read it before making this thread) i realised that i was just looking for the wrong filenames to remove in order to fix this, since i don't need CD functionality anymore.

So all i had to do was search "foo_cdda.dll" (the DDL name for the CD component) and rename/remove the file and now the warning is gone! 🎉

Furthermore i found pretty much my exact issue in this reply, which also explains how this issue came to be:
https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,120437.msg1002149.html#msg1002149