Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: (Windows.bat) FLAC to MP3 and AAC converter with metadata (Read 3626 times) previous topic - next topic

(Windows.bat) FLAC to MP3 and AAC converter with metadata

((.::>-{ FLAC Converter }-<::.))

Batch convert FLAC files to MP3s or AACs with metadata

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Create 2 folders, one of them inside the other, and inside that folder create a new text file.

2. Copy the script below into the text file and save it, then rename it and change the extension to *.bat.

4. Run the batch script at least once to download codecs and create a set of shortcuts in the folder above.

5. You are able to drag and drop folders or images onto the command prompt to set the source or cover art.

6. To prompt for album art before all albums, drag and drop a folder containing FLACs onto the "FLAC2MP3" or "FLAC2AAC"
shortcut.
To skip album art check, drag and drop a folder containing FLACs onto the "FLAC2MP3 -skip" or "FLAC2AAC -skip"
shortcut.

7. Converted files will be saved and structured according to tags in a folder named "MP3" or "AAC" in the same
destination as the source.

FEATURES:

- Drag and drop!

- Command line arguments for skipping album art check, selecting output format and selecting input folder
eg. "CONVERTER.bat" -aac -skip "F:\TEST"

- Extracts and converts metadata to id3v2 or AAC tags

- Structure = \"Album Artist"\"Album"" (YEAR)""\Disc 1"\"01" "Artist" - "Title".*

KNOWN ISSUES:

- If Flac files contain disc number in "ALBUM" tag as well as the "DISCNUMBER" tag they will be structured incorrectly
eg.
\Album Disc 1 (YEAR)\Disc 1\...
Instead of:
\Album (YEAR)\Disc 1\...

- Leading and trailing spaces in tags don't get removed for folder structure.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Re: (Windows.bat) FLAC to MP3 and AAC converter with metadata

Reply #1
When someone says "delete this", they usually mean their own post.
Note the "Sorry, delete this" is the result of an edit three minutes after originally posted.
I realised that quickly after I replied. XD first post on the forum. looking for extensive testing so I can sort out any bugs

Reply #2

Good to see some new development, but I am wondering why I wouldn't use cuetools? Is there functionality that it is missing?
Thanks
d

Reply #3
Sorry I could have been a bit clearer on it's use cases but I was reaching the character limit on my original post.
I would say yes if you are ripping from cd and you plan on having mp3s it would be wise to do that as you go with cuetools and the cue sheet.
This is more for large quantities of albums in flac, which may not have cue sheets and may have been acquired through an online store, bypassing the cd stage.
For instance, I had created a folder of around 15GB of flacs for testing and all I had to do was drop that folder onto one of the shortcuts made by the script, and after leaving it for 2 hours I had a 5GB folder of mp3s with all their (arguably) important metadata.
This is great for getting an entire music library ready for an older device or a device with little storage.
It's fast and extremely easy to use.

I do prefer the code I made for saving and remapping tags over ffmpeg and qaac though, as it covers all the odd variants of certain tags I have come across in my library.
I wouldn't mind some additional testing tbh.

Reply #4
UPDATE:
I have made it a bit less primitive and more simple to use.
You are now also able to change destination folder.
Place inside a new folder inside another new folder eg. \FlacConverter\bin\Convert.bat

Feedback appreciated.

Code below edited to fit.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Reply #5
Using your Great script with success. Can I ask for changing lame encoding parameters, I'll love preset standard, where I must do that change?
You spare me valuable time giving a little guidance. Thanks for sharing, your way is better than other solutions for FLACs eg purchased on Bandcamp.

(Windows .bat script) FLAC converter with metadata

Reply #6
UPDATE:
  • Added OGG, OPUS, MPC, LOSSYWAV and WAVPACK!
  • Added a text file to easily edit encoder quality setting.
  • More stable (fixed a few bugs caused by certain scenarios).

The links to the encoders in my script will eventually fail. It's not hard to update the links though, and despite this I will most likely add more.

Using your Great script with success. Can I ask for changing lame encoding parameters, I'll love preset standard, where I must do that change?
You spare me valuable time giving a little guidance. Thanks for sharing, your way is better than other solutions for FLACs eg purchased on Bandcamp.
I have added the feature in this update so you will not have to edit the script but in case you'd prefer the old version...
ctrl+f to find " | lame.exe -b 320 " and replace with your preferred settings.

There's more than likely a bug or two as there was a bit more added this time than anticipated
Suggestions/Feedback appreciated.

Reply #7
Many thanks, kudos!