Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to find output files from Cuetools ? (Read 2824 times) previous topic - next topic

How to find output files from Cuetools ?

Hello,

I am glad that this forum exist with hyper-experts helping on digital audio. Your assitance is highly valuable.

As a complete beginner with Cuetools, I am lost with my first attempts to use it. Since some of my music files/folders do not appear complete in Foobar v 1.3.3 (cover missing, etc). I have tried to understand why (haven't found yet), and then tried to fix them with Cuetools.

The software did "work" on a folder containing two CDs for a few minutes, and the lower window shows two lines corresponding to CD1 and C2, indicating "1.cue: AR: offset 270, rip accurate (9/21), CTDB: verified OK, confidence 2."
But the output folder desn't seem to exist in my computer. It says " C\:users\[myname]\Music\Converted\Artist\Album\Artist - Album.flac", but I can't find any \Music or \Music \Converted folder anywhere.. 
Also, the output folder seem to be impossible to modify : Output path is written on grey solid background, not on a white writable window... and Output drop down menu shows Browse and Manual options in grey.

Can anyone help me with these first steps... ? Many thanks in advance !

Reply #1
C:\users\username\Music is the same as Libraries\Music (The Windows Music Library).

You can only use Output: Template: in batch Input: modes such as Multiselect Browser and Drag'n'drop mode or when you select an entire folder in Folder browser mode. When you select at the file level in Folder browser mode you'll be able to select Output: Browse or Output: Manual.

See http://www.cuetools.net/wiki/CUETools_Settings#(6)_CUE_Paths_{section}

edit: Fix bad copy/paste
korth

Reply #2
C:\users\username\Music is the same as Libraries\Music (The Windows Music Library).

I probably could have worded that better.
C:\users\username\music is the same as My Music found under C:\users\username. It also can be found under Libraries\Music (The Windows Music Library).
That's Windows. If you Right-Click->Properties on any folder in My Music you'll see the Location: is listed as C:\users\username\music
korth