Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: track position consistency in list pane (Read 778 times) previous topic - next topic

track position consistency in list pane

I'm trying keep my track field in the same position each new track. This works well enough on random in a long list with not nearly as long a pane. Each new track not in the current view of list will center itself when playing. Whether it's centered or top-aligned, I'd like to have every currently playing track to be in the same position in the pane. I currently use a set of placeholder files that stack the height of my list pane so that when a new track randomly plays, it's never within the range of the list edge to fall outside of being centered, if you know what I mean. I think top-alignment would work best, and allow a buffer at the end of the list so you can still pull the last actual audio track in the list all the way up to be top-aligned. The placeholder files I use occasionally load the image file which breaks the chain of track to track. If there was a way to spatially buffer the list without files, or a way to select files in a playlist to not play/be selected for random/shuffle play or any order for that matter. Can someone help me with this? Thank you.

Re: track position consistency in list pane

Reply #1
I realized I can use the status bar well for this purpose, derp!

Re: track position consistency in list pane

Reply #2
Alternatively the window title bar, which can be title-formatted as well.

Or, if you want maximum customization, UI component Spider Monkey Panel allows you to practically draw anything based on tags, album or information you can retrieve online. A stripped-down version of the example Track Properties script might allow you to create a visually pleasing "now playing" track display at a predictable screen location.