Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs (Read 132166 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foobar2000 v2.0 bugs

Reply #350
beta 19 did not import my playlist statistics for most of my library. I was able to recover 95% from a back up. Wishing I would have backed up the stats before installing the update.
Note that old foobar2000 v2.0 beta playback statistics are *not* being deleted.
If you go back to beta 17, it will show your old playback statistics again. Though import/export format is incompatible between the two systems for now. (But please back your profile up before downgrading for good measure)
beta 19 does not start. in the 18th beta, a problem appeared, stopped running, while the database in the root folder with the discography and ratings disappeared. I installed cheat 19 and moved the profile folder, but it does not start
Please auto submit crash reports from the latest version. It will make figuring the cause out much easier for me.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #351
I updated from beta 17 to 19 (portable, windows 10 x64), and installed foo playcount 3.1, but it didn't import the playback statistics from beta 17. Every track shows added today.

Reply #352
Problem acknowledged.
Please don't worry, nothing is actually erased from the database.
Reverting to beta 17 will make your stats visible again-
https://www.foobar2000.org/getfile/foobar2000_v2.0_beta_17.exe
https://www.foobar2000.org/getfile/foobar2000-x64_v2.0_beta_17.exe

Problem is being investigated and will be autocorrected if possible.

Reply #353
Disregard that, I fail at coding.

foo_playcount update in a moment, will fix this mess automatically and recover your data.

Reply #354
Hello.

I point out that in the conversion phase the file name formatting option is not stored and a space is added at the end.

https://ibb.co/WscsYdH

https://ibb.co/PwnfHzJ

foobar2000 v2 32bit beta19

Reply #355
foobar2000 v2.0 beta 19 32-bit [Windows 11]

I've noticed item counts for auto-playlists, displayed by foo_plorg, do not update after metadata is changed unless I change the playback state of a track. For instance, an autoplaylist with the query "genre IS synthwave" has an item count of 100. If I delete "synthwave" from the genre of 1 track, the item count will remain 100 until I play a track, stop a track, or change a track.

I've never noticed this behavior before with prior beta versions, and I have skipped the last several.

Reply #356
foobar2000 v2.0 x64 beta 19 on Windows 11
There are two Peak Meter in the toolbar's right click menu.

Reply #357
I don't know if this is a bug but when playing a cue sheet in v2 both 32 bit & 64 bit there is a pause between tracks that is not there in the 1.6 versions. It seems to reset before playing the next track. In the task bar using CUI it says 'Opening' for about a second before beginning to play. In 1.6 it flashes so quick I can't read 'Opening'

When converting to a multi track file from a cue you can see the converter speed drop to zero between tracks. On 1.6 the speed drops a little (ex. from 64x to 59x) but not close to zero.

Reply #358
When string includes specific keywords, the last word (or character) becomes omitted on tooltip.

Example string: "foobar 3rd 123 456 789.mp3"
Tooltip: "foobar 3rd 123 456"
In this case, the string is file name and the keyword is "3rd" then "789" is not show on tooltip.

The tooltip will be shown when you mouse over the string which is partially hidden. I saw such tooltips in file name field as well as playlist name field.
I found several keywords which cause above bug. For example they are "3rd", "4th" and others. In other words, they are lower case substring "rd" following "3", or "th" following any number. ("1st" and "2nd" are no problem.)
Therefore below file name and playlist name also can reproduce this bug.
"foobar2000theme.mp3" -> "foobar2000them"
"foobar2000the best playlist" -> "foobar2000the best"

Reply #359
beta 19 did not import my playlist statistics for most of my library. I was able to recover 95% from a back up. Wishing I would have backed up the stats before installing the update.
Note that old foobar2000 v2.0 beta playback statistics are *not* being deleted.
If you go back to beta 17, it will show your old playback statistics again. Though import/export format is incompatible between the two systems for now. (But please back your profile up before downgrading for good measure)
beta 19 does not start. in the 18th beta, a problem appeared, stopped running, while the database in the root folder with the discography and ratings disappeared. I installed cheat 19 and moved the profile folder, but it does not start
Please auto submit crash reports from the latest version. It will make figuring the cause out much easier for me.

I have the latest updates and something I'm noticing with foo_stats is that some albums have multiple %added%. I know what the timestamp for the date added should be for the entire album, but i am unable to update it. Resetting stats and importing from file tags or from a .xml file does not correct the date added field.
I even tried to mess with meta data from .sqlite file with no luck. Not sure that to think about this. Thoughts?

[Update]
Something to note with my issue is that albums added to my library before foobarV2 have this issue. Albums (Like the albums I got for Christmas) do not.

Reply #360
I am very sorry that I switched to 2.0 so early, I am surprised that the product is so raw. I really love this player, statistics and rating are very important to me, while I'm on 1.6, let users younger than me test

Reply #361
I see in the 2.0 change log that,
First run performs import of old configuration data (playlists, library).

However, I installed 2.0 beta 19 over a copy of my 1.6.15 folder, and after several minutes before foobar2000 2.0 finished loading, I can see my playlists, but my autoplaylists and my library are empty.  My library is setup as the relative path "..\Music\", where my foobar2000 folder is at the same level as my Music folder.  Is this expected behavior?

If I right-click that Music folder entry and rescan, then things start appearing, but I would have expected the 2.0 import/first load procedure to have already found the files.

Reply #362
Since foobar V2, I very often get the error "Unsupported format or corrupted file" when loading an fpl playlist (saved with V2).
The playlist is then not complete.
This happens with an existing playlist, a new playlist and with an Album list generated playlist. No console error message.
I attach a m3u playlist as an attachment.
If this m3u playlist is loaded, then saved as an fpl playlist, and the fpl playlist is then loaded again, I get the above error message.
fpl playlists from foobar1.6 can be loaded once without any problems.

Reply #363
Hi :)

foobar2000 v2.0 beta 20 32bit (Default UI, Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.5)
・Clicking (manipulating) ReFacets freezes.

no problem:
-foobar2000 v2.0 beta 20 64bit Default UI, Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.5
-foobar2000 v2.0 beta 19 32bit + Columns UI 2.0.0-alpha.5

Start Up Consol
https://mega.nz/file/gDEFQQIQ#uUXeEfQfJSQshNSdxQjwokpgHlWQGL5W6hBwnTA7UFs

ReFacets Filters
https://i.imgur.com/HTTCeRm.png

Anyone have the same symptoms?
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)

Reply #364
I run a fairly standard setup, but I couldn't get the v2.0 Beta 20 configuration to look anything like I had with v1.6.14.
I've gone back to v1.6.14 for now.

Reply #365
v2.0_beta_16 can play my 24 bit files.
v2.0_beta_20 says: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels (0x17700)

All settings are identical. I just update the version, and then I cannot play my 24 bit files anymore.

Reply #366
v2.0_beta_20 says: Unsupported stream format: 96000 Hz / 24-bit / 2 channels (0x17700)

All settings are identical. I just update the version, and then I cannot play my 24 bit files anymore.
My v2_beta_20, 64-bits, can play the 24bit 96kHz FLAC file downloads from here (legal) without problems: https://www.3delite.hu/MP4%20Stream%20Editor/music.html

Reply #367

Are you sure that the output is set not only to the same device, but to the same as far as "Exclusive mode" is selected or not?

Reply #368
More of an oversight (or perhaps intentional) as opposed to a bug, but with foobar's five standard embedded art options since the reworked properties dialog window (and Tagging > Attach Pictures > shortcut), the new added album art in DUI playlist view feature omits (5) Icon images, and is only enabled for (1) Album / Front cover, (2) (Album) Back cover, (3) Artist picture, and (4) Disc / Media picture.

Given the obsolescence of ESPlaylist, which was the only canned (non-scripted /  WSH panel) playlist that supported Icon artwork, it would be great if support for icon artwork was incorporated into V2
Neither an audiophile, nor album snob. Why do ratings threads always have someone saying they don't believe in rating music?
Record Label Icons: 600x600 pngs appropriate for any color background:
freeimage.host/johnbuck/?list=images&sort=name_asc&page=1

Reply #369
Maybe I was swearing at 2.0 in vain, I've been suffering for days, once again I did a clean install and first of all I installed the damn foo_jscript_panel3-3.2.0 and the player stopped starting! The process does not want to be deleted by regular methods, I had to kill the process through a third-party program, I apply a crash log

Reply #371
If you remove JScript Panel 3 and fb2k starts normally then the bug is not with fb2k and you're posting in the wrong thread about it.

I just apologized to the developer 2.0 and warned users about the incompatibility of your software with the jscriptpanel, so that they would not think that this is a bug of the player

Reply #372
This line in your crash report...

Code: [Select]
JScript Panel 3.2.0 (Thumbs by marc2003): initialised in 21359 ms

is suspect. Taking that long means you're trying to load far too many images or stupidly high resolution ones that are causing a 32bit process to run out of memory. I'll see if I can handle it better but that may be beyond my limited skills. Maybe checking the total file size of all image paths and aborting if it's too much will be the easy way out.

Reply #373
Going from beta 17 to beta 20 breaks my autoplaylists with the following query: `(%last_played% DURING LAST 1 WEEK) OR (%added% DURING LAST 4 WEEKS) SORT DESCENDING BY %last_played%`. Trying similar searches also fails.

Reply #374
@ RonnChyran

You need Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) .

Playback Statistics (foo_playcount) v3.1.2 (022-12-29)
https://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_playcount

Releases of Playback Statistics
> 3.1 released on: 2022-12-21
> foobar2000 v2.0 support (beta 18 or newer required)
> First run imports existing database from old foobar2000 v2.0 betas.

Foobar2000:Version 2.0 Beta Change Log
https://wiki.hydrogenaud.io/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Version_2.0_Beta_Change_Log#Beta_18
Beta 18
> Removed internal playback statistics, made Playback Statistics component (foo_playcount) operational again. First run of new foo_playcount imports foobar2000 v2.0 beta database back.

SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HiFiMAN Edition XS, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, 水月雨 (MOONDROP) 空鳴 - VOID, Nakamichi Elite FIVE ANC, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself)