Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Do you use a tag program with foobar2000? (Read 13700 times) previous topic - next topic

Do you use a tag program with foobar2000?

Hey, i've been using TagScanner with foobar2000 0.9, but i find it not useful, because fb can handle everything (or almost)...
what is your opinion? talk about it...

Reply #2
I don't use anything else, but I'm not very particular about my tags.  As long as I can see the information that's relevant to me, and I'm sure it's actually stored in my music files (as opposed to, for instance, the old 0.8.3 database), I'm happy.  Version 0.9 of foobar2000 works well enough for me.

Reply #3
I don't use anything else, but I'm not very particular about my tags.
It's nice to hear of someone else who doesn't tag religiously.

Masstagger does everything I need, which is a mere fraction of its full capabilities.

There should be various polls regarding preferred taggers.
I'm on a horse.

Reply #4
i use the program mp3tag, cause its easier to get tracknumbers into your tags. for the rest, masstagger is enough.

Reply #5
I use Mp3tag, its great. I hate masstagger.

Reply #6
I use Tag&Rename, it's good because it supports unicode...

Reply #7
Masstagger does everything I need, which is a mere fraction of its full capabilities.

Same for me. I use masstagger and sometimes foo_freedb2 and that's it.

Reply #8
I've used tag&rename, tag frontend tried mp3tag but masstager beats everything thanks to script approach to tagging.
After writing some cutom scripts masstager is real timesaver..
I just would like to have masstager scripts be available directly in context menu that would be great improvement.

Reply #9
I've been using MP3 Book Helper for a fair while now. It's got pretty much everything you could ever want, although it can be a real pain to learn where stuff is hidden away. Personally I'm very particular about tags and MP3 Book Helper is the only program with such detailed capitalisation options, so that's my reason for using it.

If I'm only editing a few files I do sometimes just use foobar2k though.

Reply #10
I use Mp3tag, together with Amazon Cover Downloader integrated as a tool.

c32
BTC:  1EFvqvn51n7qW9yHZHDHPnBZxN17EafUt1

Reply #11
foo_freedb2 serves my needs anyway
Techspot.com Editor

Reply #12
There are 2 things that I want out of the fb2k's masstagger that it doesnt have. 1, regular expressions. There are times when the limitations of tagz gets difficult to use. 2, intergration of the masstagger and file renamer. I want to run one script that'll tag and then rename/move all the files.

I've been using MP3 Book Helper for a fair while now. It's got pretty much everything you could ever want, although it can be a real pain to learn where stuff is hidden away. Personally I'm very particular about tags and MP3 Book Helper is the only program with such detailed capitalisation options, so that's my reason for using it.

I need to check this out. thanks!

Reply #13
I never use the built-in tagging functions of foobar, unless I just need to make minor corrections to a very small number of files.

I used MP3BookHelper for several months, but switched to Mp3tag about two years ago. I believe it to be the best application of its kind.

For those who may need to know, it supports unicode. Earlier versions did not, but unicode support was added several months ago.

Reply #14
FB2k only. It's masstagging/-renaming/-transcoding features are one of its main selling-points to me. I dont use FB2k like an audioplayer - i use it like a general "music-management"-tool.
I am arrogant and I can afford it because I deliver.

Reply #16
I'm an MP3Tag user as well. Best tagger I've ever tried.

Reply #18
I'm still stuck on using Tagger with Case's Tag.  It has the exact logic that I look for in a tag/rename program.  Someday, when I finally give up my crusade for APE2, I'll probably use FB2k 0.9's great masstag function to convert them all to ID3v2.  I dread the day that I have to give up on APE2 though.

Reply #19
Before foobar I used Tag&Rename, but now it's pretty much just foobar w/ foo_freedb2.
foobar2000 + EAC + Burrrn = Happiness

Reply #20
Just like Lyx, foo is doing everything better that any other program, just almost perfect. Well, at least it will be perfect, when the support for all id3v2 tags will be back again.

Reply #21
I use tag&rename ofr long now but with foobar i realized that sometimes when titles are too long, the title is cut and i didnt see it in tag&rename. I think it is the Id3v1 tag which is cut but i wonder why foobar even sees it . I know that under foobar0.83 i had check the option to say to write and read Id3v2 but i am not sure how it is in foobar 0.91 I ll check this evening

Reply #22

Me too. Fine program.

Reply #23
Musicbrainz Picard, if you count that, along with liberal splashings of Masstagger and Mp3tag (I graduated from Tag&Rename).

Reply #24
Another vote for Mp3tag.
</signature>