Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: panels UI, columns UI, my heads gone boom (Read 6211 times) previous topic - next topic

panels UI, columns UI, my heads gone boom

Howdy,

i've used foobar for a year or 2 now, sometimes with nice columns UI, but then i reinstalled windows and it went byebye.
For a long time i was just using minimalist foobar2k, minimized in sys tray. Now i'm wanting something more pretty.
Because i have 3 monitors, i kinda want a setup that takes up a whole screen, lyrics etc would be sweet, which seems an option nowadays, and like album art etc.

Question is, do i want columnsUI or is that outdated now?, im confused as to what PanelsUI is... i tried it and got confused as hell....and i can't seem to get to the columnsUI webpage? it's down, temporarily or permantely im not sure...

Reply #1
Columns UI isn't outdated, but it's not under heavy development any more. Don't know why, you may ask musicmusic.
Panels UI, yes. It's a complete ui plus some panels. I only need track display (formerly known as trackinfo_mod panel), I haven't understood the other panel. Also, panels ui is very tagz based. My head also went boom and I resigned.

I'd recommend you to use columns ui as your main UI. For albumart you can use panels ui "track display" panel.

Reply #2
I'm using columns_ui but with panels_ui installed too, so that i get track_display and single column playlist. I think it's much easier to work in columns, and it still has some things that panels can't do I think. I think you should do the same, because you can make it have the same look and functions as in panels, but in an easier way. If you want to have buttons for 'mini mode' and such, or want to have transparent panels or backgrounds, I think you should try panels_ui.

Reply #3
well i wouldnt mind transparent things, i have some nice wallpaper thats cool to view, but i'd rather actually having something right now.

so where has columnsUI moved to? all the links seem dead as a doorknob

Reply #5
wahhh, works now :S.

dayum internet's out to get me. 5 minutes ago someone said jfgi, so i google searched it. Needless to say, the irony was overwhelming.

Reply #6
Screenshot

that's what it looks like now. fullscreened on one of my three monitors, plan to have that info when i play games on one . All done with columns UI.

im thinking about having a Library browser plugin for the bottom. But im not sure what to get?. Also is there any auto-tagging programs out there?. i've tagged lots of stuff differently, usually winamp or other would do tags, and some albums aren't nice compared to others.

Ps. any suggestions? Pps. when i play prey, the global control settings don't work on foobar? why's that?, it works in other games.

Moderation: Turned screenshot into a link as it was too large.

Reply #7
My suggestions:

ColumnsUI - Hidden
Playlist Dropdown
QuickSearch
Album Art
Egoh Visualizer
Lyrics (there are some available)
Trackinfo

Reply #9
did anyone see the image i uploaded? just you suggested things i thought i had?...

essientially im looking for a good media library viewer?

i've got my music organized in

music/ARTIST/ALBUMS/TRACKS.

so i've just been creating and adding playlists when i want to listen to albums.

Reply #11
did i fix it now ?

Reply #12
Ah yes, I see it now

Reply #13
stupid capitals , sadly there's a problem with my web-server, as i can't see stuff, but other people can (same network hoo ha).

So what thinks you?.

and what's the point of columns UI (hidden).?

Reply #14
the best suggestion for the media library viewer is to use panelsUI and put in a 'Album list' which you should already have configured. Then you can arrange it to view by arist/ album or in my case, by directory structure. It works really well and for more advice, create another column like you did with albumart/lyrics/spectra, just for the Album list panel, as it will be a long list of all your files in your music directory, pretty simple, and gets the job done.
that is our karma...

Reply #15
I thought I would just share what I was working on in columnsUI for creative purposes.

http://gulicio.us/Capture.JPG
that is our karma...

Reply #16
whats the media library plugin your using called?

Reply #17
Looks like this is foo_uie_albumlist from musicmusic. Anyway, this is what you want.

Reply #18
yeah i ended up using the old one i found on my hard-drive. what's weird is 50% of the time music music's site timesout or something?.

Thanks for all your help . my foobar lookes ace now.

Reply #19
post a screenshot now, im excited to see how it went
that is our karma...

Reply #20
Wholedesktop

just foobar

First one is my whole desktop. 3 CRT's and a tv (the smaller one). One of the screens stays dedicated for foobar!. How it should be .

Probably will get updated heaps and heaps though , but i reckon that's a good clean effort for a few hours learning it all again . (ps. transparency settings are sexy with that background )