Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_youtube (Read 491497 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_youtube

Reply #1400
Thanks for the input MojoBass, I reinstalled the component and deleted its configuration and It's working properly now.

Reply #1401
Hi! I have this error everytime I try to play a song from youtube :

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foo_youtube: server error (403) from r1---sn-gqn-vu2e.googlevideo.com | ffmpeg: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied) | foobar2000: Access denied):
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=PO_d169ibZ8"

I have foobar 1.6.4 and the latest version of this component (also the latest version for youtube-dl )
Everything was ok 1 or 2 weeks ago, until today when no link works. Also, playlists don't work either.
I even tried on a fresh portable install, with only this component, but the result is the same, not possible to see a video.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Reply #1402
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: foo_youtube: server error (403) from r1---sn-gqn-vu2e.googlevideo.com | ffmpeg: Server returned 403 Forbidden (access denied) | foobar2000: Access denied):
Solved on my side with latest yt-dl (04.01)

Reply #1403
Solved on my side with latest yt-dl (04.01)

Yes, everything ok now, with the latest yt-dl (04.01), released a few hours ago

Reply #1404
Translator:
I have everything up to date, but YT still isn't working.

---

It is working now. I had to check the "Prefer youtube-dl over internal analyzer" option.

Reply #1405
Can someone replicate this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VYA0qJ59RY

The video on that link is around 2 hours long, but on foobar It's only 9 minutes long. It also fetches the wrong stuff, It's getting everything from this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlwEtvUz3yU which I never added to foobar.

I don't know what is happening lol.

EDIT: Ok, so this happens when using the "Add titles...", if I use the "Add multiple URLs" It works as it should. Both links have similar titles, do I guess it has something to do with that, I don't know how the "Add titles..." option works.

Reply #1406
Hello, all.
if title parser not parsing correctly titles like artist-title (no whitespace in the middle)
use this modified regex expression:

Code: [Select]
(?x)
(?:
    \s*[[【({].+?[]】)}]\s*[-–~:]?\s*
)?
(?:
    (?<artist>.+?)\s*[-–~|/:]\s*
)?
(?<title>.+)
(?:
    \s+[~|/[【({].*
)?

Reply #1407
Hi.
I want to play youtube clip in foobar2000. I got the foo_youtube script installed. Now what? :) I can't see the video. Downloaded files are shown in library, and i can play the music, but without video. Did I misunderstood something? Please help. :)
I'm new to foobar, so please be pationed :)

Fidde

Reply #1408
foo_youtube is a plugin with loads of possibilities to be explored, see the help here.
A quick start could be:
1. Go to View/Youtube Source/Search on Site  -> opens the youtube search window
2. type any search phrase into the search text input box
3. Right-click on any search result and select 'play' -> now the selected track should play
4. If you do not see the video, go to View/Visualizations and select Video

Note that by clicking on text below the search text input box in the 'Search on Site' window, you can select a lot of options for your search. If for the beginning you just want to search for single videos (no playlists etc), under 'Provider' there should be selected 'youtube.api.video'

Reply #1409
thank you Mojo. I see a lot of investigation and experimental work :) and proberly some fugh-ups lol.

Just tryied (bad spelling, sorry) you'r suggestion. It worked perfect, but gave me another question:
Is it taking the sound/video directly from youtube?

Okey.. sorry, now i need help. To see the video, I doo what suggestet, and then I getting this fault-prompt:
LAV Splitter: not found
LAV Video: not found

Reply #1410
I can see, I'm missing 3 third part add on's. I can't find, where to download from.

Reply #1411
I guess you just have to install the LAV Filters to your system, download here

Reply #1413
I have a problem, and its 3 "programs" and something is causing a "problem", so not 100% if its related to this plugin or any of the other programs, or even windows 10 itself.

But Ill try and explain as short as possible, even if its going to be long.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So Streaming with "OBS Studio" using "FooBar" to stream the music, and capturing the "FooBar YouTube plugin" with "OBS"

So I capture "FooBar" window. (Foobar Youtube video plugin)
For some reason, OBS finds the correct window, and without any "cropping" or "edit transform" it does not capture the entire windows.
It did capture entire window and everything worked one 1hour earlier. So something "happened"...

When I stream I set my desktop resolution to 1920x1080 with 100% scale .
But when I do not stream I set my resolution to with 125% scale (windows 10) ( https://prnt.sc/130ubjv )

What I think "happened" ?
So I streamed, have all programs up and running, close down some programs, change resolution to 3440x1440 and scale to 125% settings
Then I notice I dint close all programs and close them without thinking about it.
Then I remember I needed to make a small change to the layout of my stream in OBS, change back to 1920x1080 with 100% scale.
open up all programs, but now I notice that several things are not right size and things are not captured correctly by OBS.
do some editing fixes most things, but the biggest issue is can not capture the entire video/youtube window any longer.
And if I would guess it seems like around 25% of the windows is missing, without any cropping. So I guess its the scale thing is screwing things up.

Here is a screenshot.
https://prnt.sc/130xi09
To explain it, OBS Studion in the background, with my layout.
Bottom right corner is the "Original source" (FooBar YouTube) I want to capture. its a separate window above OBS in this picture.
Top left is the "Windows Capture", but as you can clearly see, what is captures its a lot less, looks to be around 25% missing.

So some program or windows itself remembered the size of the window when it was closed, dint take "scale" into concideration, and when I opened the program it dint recheck the "scale" I assume, and therefor its somehow "screwed"

So once again, not sure if its this plugin that has potential issues with windows scale. Or OBS, or Windows, or FooBar...

Any ideas who is the villan in this case ?

Reply #1414
Thanks Mojo and Serge :) I will try the suggestions :) Thanks again.

LAV filters, do I install them in foobar components or on C-drive/program?

Reply #1415
Wiiiiiii-huuuu :) Thanks again for the help. Got it all installed and running on my test-lap-top. It finally worked as I wanted to. Now, I have up-graded my stand-alone machine with the latest version, added the missing plug-ins and nerded/fine-tuning the lay-out.
It is running perfect. I'm a happy boy, happy happy.. sorry :) Now I have to nerd all background stuff on all my music video, and find a nice way to file them :) I need a weekend :)

Reply #1416
I was having problems with the plugin on the last days (i corrected them for some time letting my playlist public instead of unlisted and removing and adding my playlist again and reopening foobar) and now that i updated the version i didnt got any more problems with the playback! love this plugin, i would never had downloaded foobar without it
the cat in the stalls want to drink milk but hes stuck in the fence with two dogs with grande porte

Reply #1417
Hello,

Been getting this error trying to play anything since today:
Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Analysis, page not found on the server (error 404) | Analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):

I would normally try this fix but its not working: https://fy.3dyd.com/help/http_429_error_on_youtube/

Any suggestions? I really love this plugin - hope there is a fix!

Reply #1418
I just tried the beta and it seems to fix it!

Reply #1419
Hi,

I installed the component which worked fine using Add multiple URLs, but now when I try to play via Foobar the file shows on the app as:

watch?v=Ccvt6dbhNHc

but this message appears when I try to play it:

Unable to open item for playback (Youtube Source: Analysis, page not found on the server (error 404) | Analysis, no video found on Youtube URL):
"www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccvt6dbhNHc"

Any idea what is happeing here or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Rob

Reply #1420
When I try and add a playlist a box flashes up for a millisecond then disappears. No tracks are added, no messages appear. Are there any log files I can look at?

I can listen to individual tracks via "View > Youtube Source > Search On Site"

foobar2000 version 1.6.6, foo_youtube version 3.72

many thanks

Reply #1422
Hi,

I installed the component which worked fine using Add multiple URLs, but now when I try to play via Foobar the file shows on the app as:

watch?v=Ccvt6dbhNHc

but this message appears when I try to play it:

"www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ccvt6dbhNHc"

Any idea what is happeing here or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks

Rob

The "error 404" is fixed in the latest version. 3.7.2

Reply #1423
When youtube-dl is used by foo_youtube, the URL shown in properties is changed to 'youtube-dl?url=xxxxxxxxx', which is as well given by %fy_url%. However, this URL does not work outside foo_youtube, leading to Youtube Source -> Open in browser 'not found' on my side.
Example: The youtube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jcNfhBqCol8 becomes https://youtube-dl?url=jcNfhBqCol8.
Would be great if there would be a chance to get access to the original youtube link e.g. by %fy_url_original%, which gives a 'working' link independant of foo_youtube using youtube-dl or not.
Of course I can do a workaround like that...
Code: [Select]
$if($strcmp($substr(%fy_url%,$strstr(%fy_url%,youtube-dl),$add($strstr(%fy_url%,youtube-dl),9)),youtube-dl),https:'/'/www.youtube.com/watch?v=$substr(%fy_url%,24,$len(%fy_url%)),%fy_url%)
Or am I missing something here?

Reply #1424
yo can i turn off the warnings when a song are privated or age restricted try to play, it interrupts my game every time
the cat in the stalls want to drink milk but hes stuck in the fence with two dogs with grande porte