Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_uie_lyrics3 (Read 880656 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_uie_lyrics3

Reply #1625
Guys lets be honest this plugin is dead. I recommend you to start using Mini Lyrics. If you tinker with it a little you'll get amazing results. It's worth mentioning that not only it finds most of the lyrics (even non-english ones) but also they are all timestamped and whole program is compatible with foobar2k! ;) Here is sample of how it looks for me: (floating txt, but u can also make it a box to fit in ur foobar window)
download here: http://www.crintsoft.com/

Thanks for this - I like how it can autosave to ID3Tag

Reply #1626
Guys lets be honest this plugin is dead. I recommend you to start using Mini Lyrics. If you tinker with it a little you'll get amazing results. It's worth mentioning that not only it finds most of the lyrics (even non-english ones) but also they are all timestamped and whole program is compatible with foobar2k! ;) Here is sample of how it looks for me: (floating txt, but u can also make it a box to fit in ur foobar window)

Does it save for you? I couldn't get it to work.

Reply #1627

Does it save for you? I couldn't get it to work.

See my prefs below

Reply #1628
This software your referring to has the ugliest GUI I've seen in years. It does not play well with foobar at all!
Also it didn't uninstall properly, left lots of remnants. This is not a good alternative in my opinion!
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #1630
This software your referring to has the ugliest GUI I've seen in years. It does not play well with foobar at all!
Also it didn't uninstall properly, left lots of remnants. This is not a good alternative in my opinion!

Redorb, GUI is rather unusual, but not bad at all. Try Metal skin.
It works very well, finds almost every lyrics, much more better than old Lyrics show panel. I think this is very good alternative solution. Big step ahead, give it second chance.

Reply #1631
Hopefully there should be a new version of foo_uie_lyrics3 on it's way. I have had 3 tests versions from The vern over the last few weeks.

I thought I would point out this package that's been around for a while "Extend Sources For Lyrics3.fb2k-component" which contains 4 timestamp (sync) databases that are working and 1 unsync database (scroll down the web page until you see the package). Note that the "Extend sources" are installed as for any component, e.g. drag & drop on to the components page in file/preferences. The new sources should then appear as available sources within foo_uie_lyrics3 preferences/lyric searching.

Also lower down on the same web page is Custom Lyric Source 0.1 с that contains a working version of AZlyrics. Extract the zip and then install the Custom Lyric Source.fb2k-component as above. There is also a working version of Lyrics from metal-archives.com 0.2 с on the page (metal-archives seems to work only by artist searching).

Darklyrics within foo_uie_lyrics3 also continues to work.

Until the anticipated new version, these 8 functioning databases mean foo_uie_lyrics3 continues to work well, and of course these databases will also work in a new version.

Reply #1632
Thanks for the update. Indeed good news! If my memory serves me correctly, The vern has been busy getting an academic degree!? Hopefully he got it.
And thanks for the link to the Russian forum.
Users downloading "Custom Lyric Source 0.1" should note (as stated on the web page) that get_lyric.exe must be copied to fb2k's root folder (in addition to installation of the plugin itself).
get_lyric.exe is a compiled Python command line utility. Executing this from a command prompt
Code: [Select]
get_lyric.exe --list
will show the seven site names that is supported in this version. (get_lyric.exe --help prints an argument list.)
A test has so far only resulted in unsynced lyrics.

Reply #1633
At my first attemp I got Chinese lyrics and related only to the title but not to the artist I could see in the lyric search window: what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Reply #1634
Hopefully there should be a new version of foo_uie_lyrics3 on it's way. I have had 3 tests versions from The vern over the last few weeks.

Thank you for the heads up.

Reply #1635
At my first attemp I got Chinese lyrics and related only to the title but not to the artist I could see in the lyric search window: what am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
You do nothing wrong. Lyric search world not as precise as you thought, so you may got the totally wrong lyric.
You got Chinese lyric only because you added some Chinese lyric detabase to lyric-show3 whitch provided by "Extend Sources For Lyrics3.fb2k-component".
A rose will bloom, it then will fade.

Reply #1636

I thought I would point out this package that's been around for a while "Extend Sources For Lyrics3.fb2k-component" which contains 4 timestamp (sync) databases that are working and 1 unsync database (scroll down the web page until you see the package). Note that the "Extend sources" are installed as for any component, e.g. drag & drop on to the components page in file/preferences. The new sources should then appear as available sources within foo_uie_lyrics3 preferences/lyric searching.

Also lower down on the same web page is Custom Lyric Source 0.1 с that contains a working version of AZlyrics. Extract the zip and then install the Custom Lyric Source.fb2k-component as above. There is also a working version of Lyrics from metal-archives.com 0.2 с on the page (metal-archives seems to work only by artist searching).

Darklyrics within foo_uie_lyrics3 also continues to work.

Until the anticipated new version, these 8 functioning databases mean foo_uie_lyrics3 continues to work well, and of course these databases will also work in a new version.
This sounds promising! Will keep my sharp eyes open for this development!
MiniLyrics is not an option as far as I'm concerned!
Poorly written code and an ugly GUI! Not recommended for serious users!
What is the opposite of music?

Reply #1637
First, Thanks to WilB the others for this helpful advice.  :) 
Based on this I was able to configure a working configuraton for my foobar-lyrics.  8) 
Nevertheless, I'm also looking forward to a new version of foo_uie_lyrics3, where everythings works smoothly again.
Maybe it should be mentioned that for foo_lyricsource there is another website available: https://github.com/tripod31/foo_lyricsource .
I also tried the old Lyrics Grabber ( https://code.google.com/archive/p/lyricsgrabber2 ).
It works fine with the currently foo_uie_lyrics3 and is an another workaround until foo_uie_lyrics3 is "healed" again.

Reply #1638
Based on this I was able to configure a working configuraton for my foobar-lyrics.  8) 
Nevertheless, I'm also looking forward to a new version of foo_uie_lyrics3, where everythings works smoothly again.
Maybe it should be mentioned that for foo_lyricsource there is another website available: https://github.com/tripod31/foo_lyricsource .
I also tried the old Lyrics Grabber ( https://code.google.com/archive/p/lyricsgrabber2 ).
It works fine with the currently foo_uie_lyrics3 and is an another workaround until foo_uie_lyrics3 is "healed" again.

What I'd like to add:
The components pointed to by WilB all come with a cyrillic/russian UI (or something like that).
Does anyone know how to switch this to english?

Reply #1639

What I'd like to add:
The components pointed to by WilB all come with a cyrillic/russian UI (or something like that).
Does anyone know how to switch this to english?

The original one is in Chinese. I think a Russian version is more friendly...

Reply #1640
Chrome decided to translate the Russian for me, here is the database list -

Russified component Extend Sources For Lyrics3 (DB Lyrics to 3)
File Name foo_lyrics3exsrc.dll

This component adds to the Online Databases 3 Lyrics:

DB Online: xiami.com (China)
DB Online: ttlrcct.qianqian.com (China)
DB Online: music.qq.com (China)
DB Online: music.douban.com (China)
DB Online: box.zhangmen.baidu.com (China)
DB Online: azlyrics.com

Not much of a help as they are (except for azlyrics) all in Chinese.

I'll just wait impatiently for the vern.

Reply #1641
Users downloading "Custom Lyric Source 0.1" should note (as stated on the web page) that get_lyric.exe must be copied to fb2k's root folder (in addition to installation of the plugin itself).
get_lyric.exe is a compiled Python command line utility. Executing this from a command prompt
Code: [Select]
get_lyric.exe --list
will show the seven site names that is supported in this version. (get_lyric.exe --help prints an argument list.)
A test has so far only resulted in unsynced lyrics.
This one is giving me a lot of false positives, just a heads up! Seems like it will always return a result, even if it's complete nonsense. Not sure if there's a way to fix that easily or not?

Reply #1642
That plugin still doesn't have possibility to disable? When i have bad internet and sometimes need to stop lyric searching is there a way except of deleting from list of component?

Reply #1643

Baidu is known adware/spyware company. I wouldn't want a plugin on my system communicating with them

Reply #1644

Baidu is known adware/spyware company. I wouldn't want a plugin on my system communicating with them

Everybody hates Baidu.

Reply #1646
I cannot get Minilyrics to work.  Keeps giving me an Error 17.  And I don't see any options in the preferences to write to Vorbis Comments, just to ID3 tags.  I'll wait for the update.

Reply #1647
The Error 17 is happening because the minilyrics.com DNS is not working.  So the only way I was able to get the lyric download to work was to add the following to my Hosts file (for windows users):

74.208.224.110 minilyrics.com
74.208.224.110 www.minilyrics.com

The host file is usually located at: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (you need admin privileges).  You may need to reboot after editing the file.

Reply #1648
Any news on the updated version?

Reply #1649
Hello,

The custom source I've made one year ago for ML is still working. I just had to patch lyrics loading in a rush because of DNS who breaks about a month ago.

So if The Vern has no plan time to release an updated version in the following days, I can publish it if someone is interested. But you will have to be lenient because I am not very skilled at C++ so it must inevitably contain some memory leaks, or even worse.