Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Access Violation in EAC (Read 3634 times) previous topic - next topic

Access Violation in EAC

EAC gives me an Access Violation when I run it.  I see nothing but this error window.  So I installed ASPI 4.6 using forceASPI.  It hasn't helped & so I guess the only other reason that it isn't working is that my codecs aren't right.  This is what I got from the faqs here & on EAC's website.  One thing that I couldn't find (maybe I missed it somewhere), was how to fix the problem with codecs.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And btw, I am running XP Pro.

Access Violation in EAC

Reply #1
Try deleting EAC's entries from the registry.  I believe the last time that I had this problem I deleted EAC's registry entries and EAC began working fine again.

Access Violation in EAC

Reply #2
That usually happens if you have EAC configured to use a particular ASPI driver/layer that was removed before re-configuring EAC to use a different one. As Teqnilogik stated removing EAC's registry entry will probably solve the problem. BTW the entry is located at:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\AWSoftware

Access Violation in EAC

Reply #3
There isn't an entry for AWsoftware in my registry.

Access Violation in EAC

Reply #4
Try one of the comman-line parameters from the Tips & Drive Specifications section on EAC's site. Also be sure to log on as an Administrator.

Access Violation in EAC

Reply #5
I had the same problem when I started to use EAC. After lots of experiments the thing that solved it was the removal of the lame ACM codec. Weird...