Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: What foobar does when file is not found (Read 2242 times) previous topic - next topic

What foobar does when file is not found

I have, like a lot others I would assume, external hard-drives with my music.  I have organised playlists in foobar, pointing to the files on the harddrives.  However, some times either the drive letter change (I know I can fix this is the administration settings) or I simply have it not turned on. If I by accident then choose a song thats linked to the turned-off/not plugged in hard drive, it will go through all the songs till it finds one that is actually available.  Having about 200GB of audio in the playlist, this makes me have to wait a little too long (with the window of all the lost files) for my liking.

I was wondering if there could be a form of ctrl-c command or other way to cancel searching for files if not found.

Reply #1
Have you tried just stopping playback?

Reply #2
i have the same problem sometimes. pressing stop then closing the dialog fixes it.

Reply #3
In v .8 there was a "stop on file open errors" setting

Why did you remove that???

Reply #4
Yeah thanks guys. I guess its sort of a workaround. Would like it to rather pop up an easy stop-search button.