Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Columns UI (Read 4558041 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Columns UI

Reply #7175
PNG files should work, they work for me except for weird cases of tags(?). Do you mean they don't work at all or some of them?
Nope, PNG images just don't work at all in Columns UI. I will not show them. It's strange.

What kind of artwork (files/directory or in tags) do you use? Paths?
I just have them loose in the album's folder. Moving the image to other directories makes no difference.

3. Custom divider color - not sure if possible, possible in panel stack splitter
Thank you! :) I did this and it looks great now! :)

2. Custom placeholder image - Display - stub image
It's funny, this didn't work for me. However, when I installed Panel Stack Splitter today, the stub image suddenly started working! This must be some kind of bug?

4. Keep currently playing song highlighted - it's not?
$if(%isplaying%,$set_style(back,$rgb(a,b,c),$rgb(d,e,f)) in globals or column style scripts
Check tools (in columns style or globals) or columnsUI wiki for string help. $rgb(a,b,c) = background colour; $rgb(d,e,f) = selected background colour.
All my column style scripts are coded correctly, and every column changes the color of a track that is playing just as it should. But it just doesn't work when I move away to some other playlist then come back. It's as if Foobar doesn't know the song is playing. I don't know if it makes any difference, but it is the "NG playlist" I use, and I change playlists with the Album List Panel.

12. Two art panels -  Try it.
When I try two art panels, they always default to showing the front cover first. If I right click on one and set it to display the back cover, it reverts back to the front cover when I change albums.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help michtar.

Reply #7176
Assuming you're not stuck using that obsolete piece of crap that is Windows XP, install foo_jscript_panel...

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/wiki/Requirements-&-Installation

When it comes to adding a script, right click the panel>Open component folder. Browse to samples\complete\album art.txt and paste the contents in to the configuration window.

Now you have an album art panel that:
sticks to the selected type when you change track
opens the image in external viewer when you double click it
shows tooltips of the image path, dimensions and size
crops the image so there are no borders (can be changed via the right click menu)

It also has extra right click menu options:
can display the cover inside a CD jewel case image
can search google images using the current artist/album
refresh command to be used if you replace/edit the image during playback

edit: it displays PNG files as well but so does the default CUI panel???
edit2: make sure you set the paths under File>Preferences>Display>Album art.

Reply #7177
Thank you both for clarifying. You're both talkin technical here, not from a users point of view.
This screenshot shows my functional request to the component.
I guess nobody in the whole world ever wanted to sort their playlists this way. Its only me. And it does not work with columnsUI. I see it now. Thanks again. (And sorry for my maybe mean words. English is not my native language, I try my best with goodle translate and dict.leo)

Reply #7178
By default, the column will sort by what it displays - and this would apply to whole playlist when using %title%.

However, you can do custom sorting here....

If you prepend %title% with your ID thing, it will sort within the group.

Reply #7179
"I just have them loose in the album's folder. Moving the image to other directories makes no difference."
Set paths in display - columns - artwork - according to instructions: no extension, relative or absolute.

"All my column style scripts are coded correctly, and every column changes the color of a track that is playing just as it should. But it just doesn't work when I move away to some other playlist then come back."
Apparently they are not coded correctly  :) , $if(%isplaying% does work, remove everything and put only this, should be black
$if(%isplaying%,$set_style(back,$rgb(0,0,0),$rgb(0,0,0)))

"When I try two art panels, they always default to showing the front cover first. If I right click on one and set it to display the back cover, it reverts back to the front cover when I change albums."
Tried it and it works for me with no problems (panels - artwork view) so it's possible.

Reply #7180
"All my column style scripts are coded correctly, and every column changes the color of a track that is playing just as it should. But it just doesn't work when I move away to some other playlist then come back."
Apparently they are not coded correctly  :)
Well they must be, otherwise why would all the colors change when a track is playing? I'm sure the problem has nothing to do with scripts, it just seems to be that when Columns UI loads a playlist, it doesn't check to see if any of the songs are currently playing.

$if(%isplaying% does work, remove everything and put only this, should be black
$if(%isplaying%,$set_style$(back,$rgb(0,0,0),$rgb(0,0,0)))
Thank you, but nothing happened with this script. No text turned black, and when I clicked away and came back to the same playlist, %isplaying% was no longer recognized for the currently playing track.

edit2: make sure you set the paths under File>Preferences>Display>Album art.
That is very strange. I added "cover.png" to that list and it works. But the strange thing is, I have never used that box before and assumed it was defunct in Columns UI.

In other words, for years, PNG files had been showing up, even though I hadn't added PNG to the list. Now the version of Columns UI I was using was quite old, so maybe a really old version behaved differently. I guess it doesn't matter now anyway.

Assuming you're not stuck using that obsolete piece of crap that is Windows XP, install foo_jscript_panel...

https://github.com/19379/foo-jscript-panel/wiki/Requirements-&-Installation
Hey, thank you Marc, that is fantastic :) It's a great plug in, which achieves many of the things I want to do and I will probably keep on using this.

I don't want to be a nuisance, but could you please tell me, is it in any way possible with this plugin to...

1. Use a script to tell it where to look for images?
2. Make it change to the next image when you click the image?
3. Show a slideshow when playing?
4. Fade smoothly between images
5. Add "Focus playing" to the context menu? (That is a neat little feature of the Album Art Panel I really liked.)

Also I would like to submit a feature request. I really like how it auto-sizes the image to crop so that it fills the panel without stretching the image. This is desirable on images that are almost square, but not on images that are wider, such as CD back artwork, videogame screen caps etc. Therefore, might it be possible to change the name of the "Crop" feature to "Crop nearly square images", and make it an independent check box which makes cropping kick in only when the x and y size are within about 5-10% of each other?

Lastly,  I'm sure the answer to this is probably no, but might there be any way to switch to a view which shows thumbnails of the covers in the current playlist, so you can jump to an album just by selecting a cover? Or does anyone know any other plugin that can provide this kind of an interface in another panel?

Reply #7183
Lastly,  I'm sure the answer to this is probably no, but might there be any way to switch to a view which shows thumbnails of the covers in the current playlist, so you can jump to an album just by selecting a cover? Or does anyone know any other plugin that can provide this kind of an interface in another panel?
- foo_chronflow https://hydrogenaud.io/index.php/topic,108450.0.html

Reply #7185
It doesn't show covers in playlist (more like library viewer), no clue if it's adjustable
WSH Coverflow does http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/WSH-CoverFlow-290788027

Reply #7188
What country/ISP? What happens when you try and access the site?

Could you post/send the output of:

Code: [Select]
nslookup yuo.be
tracert yuo.be

Reply #7189
Not sure if it's the same problem hejiamei has, but I get an unsupported protocol error (ERR_SSL_VERSION_OR_CIPHER_MISMATCH) when I visit CUI home page using Chrome V49.0.2623.112; works fine on Firefox 49.0.2 though.

Maybe a browser issue?

HTH.

Alessandro

PS: forgot to mention I'm on WinXP.

Reply #7190
The problem there is that Chrome does not support the elliptic curve digital signature algorithm (ECDSA) on XP.

You can see the failure here: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=yuo.be&s=104.28.16.10&latest

The server itself uses RSA certificates, but I'm using CloudFlare which uses ECDSA certs. I presume hejiamei's problem is also related to CloudFlare, but I need more info to work out what action to take.

Reply #7191
User appears to be connecting from China, but I ran a test and verified that yuo.be is reachable from five servers within China. It's probably the ECDSA issue you just described.

Reply #7192
I try it, when i use firefox , i can log on it !!!!!~!!!!

Reply #7193
Glad to hear it. And, well, if you are going to use XP, using a brower that still maintains support for it would seem sensible :-)

I do have mixed feelings about CloudFlare, but this doesn't seem like a particularly strong reason to get rid of it.

Reply #7194
Glad to hear it. And, well, if you are going to use XP, using a brower that still maintains support for it would seem sensible :-)

I do have mixed feelings about CloudFlare, but this doesn't seem like a particularly strong reason to get rid of it.
Lack of support for an EOL'd operating system that came out 15 years ago doesn't seem like a very compelling reason. :)

Reply #7195
Hi everyone,

I have a problem with Columns UI I can't explain :
Sometimes, when I select an artist, some of its albums are missing in the Album panel

As you can see here, for "The Jimi Hendrix Experience", Columns UI displays only 6 albums whereas Album List show 17 albums :

Here are the tag of two tracks :

"Purple Haze" is on "Are You Experience" album, which is displayed.
"Stone Free" on "Live At The Fillmore East" doesn't show up.
They seems fine to me.

Any idea ?
Thank you.

Reply #7196
It does look odd.

Do the missing tracks have an empty Album Artist tag by any chance (i.e. present but an empty string)?
Do the missing tracks show up in the playlist if you select 'All (6 Albums)'? What about if you select All Artists as well?
Could you post a screenshot of the Fields tab on the Display/Columns UI/Filters preferences page?
Could you select both of those two tracks at the same time, and then open properties, and post a screenshot of that?
Does it stay the same after restarting foobar2000?
Was anything selected in the first Filter panel (to the left of the Artist panel)?

Also, some of those albums appear to be by Jimi Hendrix rather than The Jimi Hendrix Experience, so why are they under The Jimi Hendrix Experience?

Thanks

Reply #7197
Thanks for your interest
Do the missing tracks have an empty Album Artist tag by any chance (i.e. present but an empty string)?
I can't see any string but...

Could you select both of those two tracks at the same time, and then open properties, and post a screenshot of that?
Good test !
Here it is :

I edited the 'Stone Free' track property : it did look empty, I typed something, select all (ctrl + A), delete, validate and...
It worked !!
I have a tag problem I have to investigate.

Thanks a lot

Reply #7198
No problem, glad you got it sorted. It's a shame the properties dialog doesn't differentiate between a field not being present and having an empty value more clearly...

Reply #7199
Does anyone know a way to get a panel to "hide" or "minimize" when not in use? Or a way to make a divider "draggable"?

Is there any way to switch to a view which shows thumbnails of the covers in the current playlist, so you can jump to an album just by selecting a cover?
It doesn't show covers in playlist (more like library viewer), no clue if it's adjustable
WSH Coverflow does http://br3tt.deviantart.com/art/WSH-CoverFlow-290788027
Thanks for this Michtar! :)

I tried Chronflow first. I absolutely loved it. It works beautifully, except (as you warned) I couldn't get it to show the albums in the current playlist, it only shows my entire music collection. So it's useless to me.

Next I tried WSH Coverflow. This is much more like what I want, though it is a little rough around the edges and the scrolling is very jerky. Also, it can only display one row at a time. I was ideally hoping to have a grid of covers that you can scroll up and down, just like icons in a Windows folder. I'm sure I've seen a screenshot somewhere of a foobar2000 setup like that?