Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: How to use NOT HAS in an Auto Playlist (Read 1079 times) previous topic - next topic

How to use NOT HAS in an Auto Playlist

Hi, I'm switching from iTunes, via Media Monkey and XXHE. I can make an auto-playlist fine, but I can't edit the genre tags in flac files.

So instead I thought I'd do what I've always done in iTunes, create a 'genre has' and a genre 'not has' in foobar parlance.

I want to make a playlist that has songs tagged as electro, but excludes those with dance in the tag.

When I create "genre HAS Electro", I get a working auto-playlist, nice. But when I try "genre HAS Electro NOT HAS Dance" I get an error that this is not a recognised command. I've also tried NOT....HAS, NOT...HAS, and NOTHAS. Nothing works.

Reply #1
try genre HAS Electro AND NOT genre HAS Dance

Reply #2
genre HAS Electro AND NOT genre HAS Dance