Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_playcount_mod (Read 189724 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #50

Would be nice if you could do this for rating quick keys, also. Great work, though.

What do you mean with "quick keys"? Like hotkeys to set a song rating tag? If yes where would you define that hotkey.

I have foobar configured so that i can hit shift-control-n to rate a song.  But, it's annoying when the tag writing window pops up just to write one tag.

I assume that's the thinking behind this plugin in the first place.

There's no reason to have a progress window pop-up when it only takes a millisecond to complete.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #52
I really like this one but how do I change the way it is displayed.
I found the options #M etc. but this is at the end of Last_played

I dont want to see the year and time at all

just #D #M

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #53

just #D #M

Code: [Select]
// Last played
$puts(lp_year,$substr(%last_played%,1,4))
$puts(lp_month,$substr(%last_played%,6,7))
$puts(lp_day,$substr(%last_played%,9,10))
$puts(lp_hour,$substr(%last_played%,12,13))
$puts(lp_min,$substr(%last_played%,15,16))
$puts(lp_sec,$substr(%last_played%,18,19))

$if(%last_played%,$get(lp_day)-$get(lp_month)-$get(lp_year)' at '$get(lp_hour):$get(lp_min))

or simple: $substr(%last_played%,6,10)

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #54
I have foobar configured so that i can hit shift-control-n to rate a song.  But, it's annoying when the tag writing window pops up just to write one tag.

I assume that's the thinking behind this plugin in the first place.

There's no reason to have a progress window pop-up when it only takes a millisecond to complete.

Hm I see what you mean but I guess that would require a new component (don't even know if its possible) since tag updates other than created by playcount_mod itself aren't monitored by this component.

Couple more questions, can I use this whilst using the official playcount component?

I used it together with the official playcount component while testing (it worked) but I can't give you a definite answer cause it was only like 10 minutes.

is there a tagging script that can send my current playcount to the mp3s?

You mean as in converting the playcount info in the database into a filetag without using the official playcount component? Haven't seen anything like that yet. I might be able to integrate it if someone tells me how to access the databse infos.

I really like this one but how do I change the way it is displayed.
I found the options #M etc. but this is at the end of Last_played

just #D #M

The way ladiko mentioned is the easiest to achieve this. I won't add an option to change the whole string because it's an encouraged tag standard (http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Foobar2000:Encouraged_Tag_Standards#FIRST_PLAYED_and_LAST_PLAYED) and would lead to problems when using different strings. Sorry.

As for your idea pIv, its the same problem. Both tags have their own string standard an I feel uncomfortable mixing them. If you still want to use unofficila tags with official timestamps send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you a build.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #55
Hi I found this code, i'm nearly happy about is, but i'm not sure how I fix it.

the code is:

$if($strcmp(%play_counter%,?),
Playing song for fist time,
$if($strcmp(%play_counter%,1),
Song played %play_counter% time',' on ,
Song played %play_counter% times. Last on )
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),1),Sunday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),2),Monday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),3),Tuesday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),4),Wednesday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),5),Thursday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),6),Friday', ',)
$if($strcmp($left($right(%last_played%,10),1),7),Saturday', ',)
$right(%last_played%,8) at $right($left(%last_played%,16),5))

i'm not sure what the sunday, monday etc. is but I dont need it so maybe it can be removed.
what I get is:

when never played:
Playing song for first time

when 1 time played:
Song played one time, (*this isn't correct at all* something like this:) on :hour: :minute: second: at :hour: minute

when more than 1 time played:
Song played *play counter* times, (*this isn't correct at all* something like this:) last on :hour: :minute: second: at :hour: minute

what I want is:

when never played:
Playing song for first time

when 1 time played:
Song played one time, on :month: - :day: at :hour: - :minutes: AM or PM

when more than 1 time played:
Song played *amount* times, :month: - :day: at :hour: - :minutes: AM or PM

for the AM or PM I found this

// AM/PM Conversion
$if($strcmp($get(hour),00),$puts(yy,am))
$if($strcmp($get(hour),10),$puts(yy,am))
$if($strcmp($get(hour),11),$puts(yy,am))
$if($strcmp($get(hour),12),$puts(yy,pm))
$if($strcmp($get(hour),24),$puts(yy,am))
$if($strcmp($left($get(hour),1),0),$puts(yy,am))
$if($strcmp($left($get(hour),1),1),$puts(yy,pm))
$if($strcmp($left($get(hour),1),2),$puts(yy,pm))

When I add this to my code nothing happens.

Can someone help me with my trackinfo?

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #56
No matter how high I adjust my buffer, this plugin causes audio skips when writing the tags for high bitrate mp3s.
elevatorladylevitateme

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #58
How high is the bitrate? And does it also happen on FLAC or other losless codecs?

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #59
used the source code to incorporate into one of my own private component. so to give a little info.

I've found that sometimes the update dialog shows is because both my foosic client and this component manipulating the file (meta data).

for example, I notice that foosic will do things when has been playing for 1 minutes, if around this time this component try to update the file, the dialog will show (probably because the component has a few Sleep calls, see below).

in the code, it contains a 4-5 Sleep calls (each 500ms), it's blocking foobar to update the fb2k UI interface because it is in the main thread.

I don't remember I've seen the dialog again after removing all the Sleep(s), the visible display pause during update is much better than what it is now. I'm not sure if the Sleep calls are really needed, but seems no problem for me to get rid of them.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #60
Can you release foo_playcount_mod with your changes, so no dialogs will appear? It's kinda annoying with like 3-4 popping up now and then.

Or maybe Crusoli could update it with your changes.

Thanks.
Windows 10 Pro x64 // foobar2000 1.3.10

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #61
sorry, I was wrong, removing the Sleeps will get rid of the delay during update, but the popup still shows, and it mostly when it's updating a APE file. I'm trying to find out why now.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #62
Those damn popups, hard to hide.

Thanks for trying.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #63
Conclusion:
you CANNOT get rid of it

Reason:
//! Set this flag to delay the progress dialog becoming visible, so it does not appear at all during short operations. Also implies op_flag_background effect.
op_flag_delay_ui = 1 << 2,

this is provided in the SDK, it means even with this flag selected, the dialog will always show if the I/O operation time taken is not considered to be short, damn.
I think it is short however, less than 1 sec for it to disappear

EDIT: I've found a trick, probably can make it not visible

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #64
*crosses fingers*

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #65
ok, finally solved. it's not perfect, but the bottom line is, you will not see it again.

the reason that the popup shows without a pattern is:
the I/O operation time of the update has no pattern, it shows is kind of telling you there may be an interrupt of the playback during update.

the easiest way to see the popup is:
play in the middle of the total tracks of an extra high compressed APE (from cuesheet), set update to @1%

I've done a little trick to make it totally invisible, but there may be an interrupt of playback, accept it.
I've included it as part of my other component, check it in my blog, requirements same as my other components.

Crusoli,
if you want to have my modified source, pm me.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #66
Seems to work wonderful.

Thanks a lot, Acropolis!

Edit: Noticed one thing, may be Audioscrobbler that still show a window.
Tried set playcount to update at 100% and this window pops up at 50%.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #67
I don't use audioscrobbler, so I don't know what you mean, but I guess you mean there's popup when audioscrobbler updates files.
I just guarantee playcounter will not cause the pop up, and it's not good to actually globally make it invisible, otherwise it seems weird when you manually update the files sometimes.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #68
The popups for playcounter is gone, very good.

Maybe have an option to hide it globally?
If one enable it, they should know it won't show any window. Maybe put a warning text to be sure.

Thanks for your efforts.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #70
Thanks for the mod. Is there a way to merge the database playcounts with the ones that are tagged in the mp3 id3 info? reorganizing my music folders and i don't want to lose the playcounts.

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #71
is the data written in the database or is it written in the ID3tag?

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #72
How to let play count work ?
I down dll file and put it in comps folder , but it isn't work +__+

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #73
Strange... It does not work for my mp3 files. Only for OGG, FLAC, and every other than mp3...

foo_playcount_mod

Reply #74
Check whether mp3 is in the list of exclude files in playcounter settings. At least that what I remember as I don't use this component anymore.