Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar2000 0.9.6.3 beta 2 (Read 7904 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar2000 0.9.6.3 beta 2

Change log:
  • Fixed multiple security vulnerabilities in AAC and Musepack decoders.
  • Improved compatibility of Media Library with certain dodgy NAS devices.
  • Media Library no longer ignores files/folders flagged as system.
  • Improved shell integration behaviors when foobar2000 is taking very long to start.
  • (beta 2) Only more security fixes in handling of input files.

Download link is available at the official site.

Please use this topic only for reporting bugs, create new topics for unrelated feature requests.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #1
Why the blazes would the media library want to index system files? Those are part of the OS. Please don't break conventions.

Reply #2
any folder can be marked as system not just OS related folders.
Who are you and how did you get in here ?
I'm a locksmith, I'm a locksmith.

Reply #3
Too bad my NAS just died, curious about those improvements (still waiting for immediate library updates without restarting foob).

Reply #4
Why the blazes would the media library want to index system files? Those are part of the OS. Please don't break conventions.
All really system items have both system and hidden attributes set, which still causes them to be ignored. However various people apparently have some files with only the system attribute set, which caused a lot of confusion about "missing albums" and such - those files even show in Explorer fine etc. Please don't write resentful posts when you just don't fully understand something.
Full-quoting makes you scroll past the same junk over and over.

Reply #5
With this new version the Play/Pause key on my Logitech keyboard works only if foobar is in focus (of course the key is assigned as a global hotkey). Buttons for next/previous track work. The player.ini file of Logitech Setpoint has foobar added with the correct ClassID (i doublechecked it)

edit:
additional info: i noticed that when the playback is stopped, and pressing Play/Pause on the keyboard while foobar is minimized, the playback gets to Paused state.

Reply #6
Works for me in my Logitech Wave keyboard. I don't use Setpoint, though.

Reply #7
Bug:
When the date of Last Modification of the audio file is wrong (FORTHCOMING date), then I can't edit or delete tags or set ReplayGain values via foobar.

(Sorry for my english)

Reply #8
Thread closed due to final version.