Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Track Info Panel with ability to change font (Read 724569 times) previous topic - next topic

Track Info Panel with ability to change font

Reply #350
lol and I just figured out how to change the dpi in irfanview :)

Here's how to do it in irfanview for reference:

- Open the image in IrfanView
- Press 'I' to open the Image> Information dialogue
- The 5th line down change "Resolution" to 96x96 dpi
- Press the [Change] button to adjust the dpi
- Press the [OK] button to return to IrfanView
- Press Ctrl+S to save your changes, overwrite your existing file
- Restart foobar to load the new images.

Another possible bug:

If you leave the mouse hovered over a button, it does not continually display the hover image.
It appears maybe the hover state is being reset when the update every second is performed as this bug goes away if the update every second is unchecked.

Reply #351
Might aswell ask again for this, but is scrolling (not end of line scrolling, but scrolling as in a scrollbar on the right of the panel) something you're considering adding?

Reply #352
whoops updated before seeing russels notice that this version messes up the alignment of the home stereo display code  can someone upload the last version please?
My Name is Sean and I'm here to leech off your genius.

Reply #354
[Help]
I found I can keep both foo_uie_trackinfo.dll and foo_uie_trackinfo_mod.dll but now I have installed all the components but can't see the new foo_uie_trackinfo_mod in the Columns UI Panel.

I only see the old foo_uie_trackinfo.dll one not the new one.

Reply #355
Make sure you have the latest version of ColumnsUI (0.1.3 beat1v5).

Reply #356
Thanks for fixing the $font issue.

Reply #357
Is there any way to display an image without positioning it absolutely? So that it basically appears wherever the current cursor position is? I am trying to use images in conjunction with $progress2() to create a textured progress bar.

Reply #359
I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but I am getting artifacts on transparent PNG's left from the mouse-over image.

Original PNG:

Reply #360
make sure both images are the same size. it looks like you need to increase the size of the first one to match the second one.

Might aswell ask again for this, but is scrolling (not end of line scrolling, but scrolling as in a scrollbar on the right of the panel) something you're considering adding?

it's not going to work with different alignments (eg. bottom). Why would you need scrolling?

whoops updated before seeing russels notice that this version messes up the alignment of the home stereo display code  can someone upload the last version please?

http://foobar.bowron.us/russell777/

I'd prefer it if people didn't make old binaries publicly available as it may create confusion. If people want an older version PM or email is fine (not me though, as I don't have any older versions ).

Is there any way to display an image without positioning it absolutely? So that it basically appears wherever the current cursor position is? I am trying to use images in conjunction with $progress2() to create a textured progress bar.

not currently.

Reply #361
make sure both images are the same size. it looks like you need to increase the size of the first one to match the second one.

They PNG's I am using are all the same size (62x13).  The images I posted here don't match in size because I just quickly took screen shots of each state and manually cropped them in IrfanView for display on here.

This is the code in case I'm doing something wrong:
Code: [Select]
// Rating Stars
$puts(rating,$if(%rating%,%rating%,0))

$button(3,3,0,0,13,13,images\trackinfo\rating$get(rating).png,images\trackinfo\rating1.png,Rating: 1 ?,)
$button(3,3,13,0,13,13,images\trackinfo\rating$get(rating).png,images\trackinfo\rating2.png,Rating: 2 ??,)
$button(3,3,26,0,13,13,images\trackinfo\rating$get(rating).png,images\trackinfo\rating3.png,Rating: 3 ???,)
$button(3,3,39,0,13,13,images\trackinfo\rating$get(rating).png,images\trackinfo\rating4.png,Rating: 4 ????,)
$button(3,3,52,0,13,13,images\trackinfo\rating$get(rating).png,images\trackinfo\rating5.png,Rating: 5 ?????,)

Reply #362
please post the originals and I will see if I can reproduce it.

Reply #365
it's not going to work with different alignments (eg. bottom). Why would you need scrolling?

Good point. I asked because I wanted to display lyrics (non-timestamped) in this panel as opposed to the 'normal' trackinfo (weird behaviour when there's too much text to scroll & text doesn't stay centered if it wraps onto another line).

That's the main reason.

Reply #366
I've downloaded the latest version and it doesn't support buttons.
Can you tell what's the problem?

Reply #367
I've uploaded a new version which fixes the graphical glitch with buttons.

details?

Reply #368
I've uploaded a new version which fixes the graphical glitch with buttons.

details?

Where can I find the new version?
The first page of this topic has a version of Aug-30-06.
This version doesn't support buttons.

Reply #369
try clearing your browser cache. if you go through a proxy you might have to do other things...

Reply #370
The first page still says 8-30-2006 however if you click on the link, the archive you download contains a version of the component that should identify itself as "0.6 beta [Sep 27 2006 - 20:37:46]". If it doesnt, clear your cache and try again.

Reply #371
I'd like to request the option to be able to move/edit objects in the panel using buttons.

For example:
I could press a button, and it would shift a piece of text up, and another button which would shift a piece of text down. So basically, it would add, or subtract a certain value from a selected axis, with such a command like.. Move ID1 X 10,

where:

Move = Command Name
ID1 = ID of item which is going to be shifted (discussed below)
X = Axis to be moved along, either X or Y
10 = Value to be moved by. Positive for down/right, negative for up/left

The ID section would obviously need to be implemented somehow, maybe by adding an $id() function, where the string inside the brackets is the id for whatever follows, until a new alignment is set, or an image is drawn. OR the $id() function could have two parameters $id(<name>,<content>), where the content (a block of text/etc) is included in the function so that it is easier to identify what to be changed.

Thoughts..?

Reply #372
if you are able to get the width of the info box is it possible to get the width of a string? if this function is included we could elipsize the text or make it scroll without adding any other code to the plugin besides measuring the string length.

Reply #373
%_width% - The width of the panel in pixels
$calcwidth(x) - The width of string x in pixels
$len(x) - The width of string x in characters

Reply #374
thinking about it, with buttons you could make simple tagging panel with indication of things like mood / tempo and buttons to set it. other obvious thing to set other than rating is skip state ...

edit: i did a quick test, but the "hotspots" are shifted, i have no idea what i did wrong - or if it is a bug. i had to move my mouse someplace under "joyful" for "sad" to get hover image:

):

Code: [Select]
$font(Calibri,10,Bold,90-90-90)
$alignabs(5,5,100,15,left,center)mood
$font(Calibri,10,,90-90-90)
$alignabs(22,20,100,15,left,center)sad
$alignabs(22,35,100,15,left,center)joyful
$alignabs(22,50,100,15,left,center)relaxing

$button(5,20,5,20,122,15,data\misc images\choise2-no.png,data\misc images\choise2-no-focused.png,,)
$button(5,35,5,35,122,15,data\misc images\choise2-yes.png,data\misc images\choise2-yes-focused.png,,)
$button(5,50,5,50,122,15,data\misc images\choise2-no.png,data\misc images\choise2-no-focused.png,,)