Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foobar always on top (Read 3076 times) previous topic - next topic

foobar always on top

hey guys, this is a weird issue cause i noticed it only started happening a month or two ago out of the blue and I don't think I had updated or changed any settings in foobar at the time.

anyway im on windows 7 64 bit
if foobar is open and shows in my task bar it always stays on top, I can't see ANY other aplication overtop of it, even if I alt+tab/maximise/fullscreen an applilcation or open up a new one.

the only way I can see anything else is if I actually resize the foobar window (pretty pointless really) or click minimize which will take it off my taskbar and put it in the icon tray in the corner.

Its no big deal but is slightly irksome when i want to just drag some tunes in from another folder, or alt tab between foobar and any other apps (can't alt tab to foobar when its minimized), and I know it used to work as it should, any ideas on what might be causing this?

edit: this happened when i had foobar 1.1.7 or whatever, today i tried updating to 1.1.11 but still getting the same issue.

foobar always on top

Reply #1
Main menu>View>poke about

foobar always on top

Reply #2
Are you sure? I can't find the "poke about" item, even when I shift-click.

foobar always on top

Reply #3
"poke about" means have a look at the menu - not an actual option!

I'm guessing Spacious Mind has got always on top enabled (View-> Always on Top)

foobar always on top

Reply #4
Ah, there it is, when I go to View > Poe's Law > Jerry Schwarz

foobar always on top

Reply #5
hahaha! oh man now I feel like a fool

Didn't even think to poke about in that menu as I hadnt changed anything intentionally in the first place.
Thanks!