Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Using LossyWAV encoder with portable foobar2000 (Read 7639 times) previous topic - next topic

Using LossyWAV encoder with portable foobar2000

Is there any way to use lossywav encoder with portable foobar and save full portability?

(I have no problems with other encoders+portable foobar and no problems with lossywav+normal foobar installation)

Reply #1
I use lossyWAV (unsurprisingly.... ) with foobar2000 using a portable installation.

Are you having trouble pointing to the lossywav executable?
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #2
Are you having trouble pointing to the lossywav executable?

Yes. For other encoders I just place exe file to folder where foobar2000.exe is. But for lossywav it does't work.
Here my settings. lossywav.exe and flac.exe in the same folder where foobar2000.exe:

Reply #4
Is there an error message from either foobar2000, cmd.exe, or lossyWAV; what does it say; etc.

Error mesage from foobar says:
1 out of 1 tracks converted with major problems.

Source: "D:\1\white noise.wav"
  An error occurred while writing to file (The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters) : "D:\1\white noise.lossy.flac"
  Additional information:
  Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 2ch / 16bps
  Command line: "c:\windows\system32\cmd.exe" /d /c lossywav.exe - -q X --silent --stdout|flac.exe - -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-size -o "white noise.lossy.flac"
  Working folder: D:\1\

Conversion failed: The encoder has terminated prematurely with code 1 (0x00000001); please re-check parameters

If in "Parameters" I write full (not relative) path to lossywav.exe and flac.exe (
/d /c d:\foobar2000\lossywav.exe - -q X --silent --stdout|d:\foobar2000\flac.exe - -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-size -o %d
instead of
/d /c lossywav.exe - -q X --silent --stdout|flac.exe - -b 512 -8 --ignore-chunk-size -o "white noise.lossy.flac
), then everything works.

Reply #5
Searching "portable" in the foobar2000 support forums seems to indicate that this is an outstanding issue with fb2k in portable mode - it does not seem to find other executables in its main directory.
lossyWAV -q X -a 4 -s h -A --feedback 2 --limit 15848 --scale 0.5 | FLAC -5 -e -p -b 512 -P=4096 -S- (having set foobar to output 24-bit PCM; scaling by 0.5 gives the ANS headroom to work)

Reply #6
LossyFLAC portable

Files paths
Code: [Select]
foobar folder\@.bat
foobar folder\encoders\flac.exe
foobar folder\encoders\lossywav.exe

@.bat
"%~dp0encoders\lossywav.exe" "%~dp1%~nx1" -q %3 --silent --stdout|"%~dp0encoders\flac.exe" - -b 512 -%4 -f -o "%~dp1%~nx2"

Foobar2000 coverter
Encoder: @.bat
Extension: lossy.flac
Parameters: %s %d preset compression
Format is: lossless or hybrid
Highest BPS mode supported: 24

*preset = I, E, H, S, C, P, X
*compression = 0-8