Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: artists like beethoven (Read 3656 times) previous topic - next topic

artists like beethoven

My father purchased a 4GB iPod mini two nights ago , and while we were in the car , he asked me if there was anyway to obtain classical music tracks like beethoven at places freely and easily (and legally)? I presumed that they were no royalties or copyright "ownership" on these old classical composers as their works are over 60 years old , but I have been wrong. Can anybody please clarify this for me? And I apologize if the question is assinine and the  answer seems to be rather obvious 

artists like beethoven

Reply #1
The work itself may be public domain, but the performance of that work probably isn't. It's possible that some orchestra allows free distribution of its performances though.

artists like beethoven

Reply #5
I presumed that they were no royalties or copyright "ownership" on these old classical composers as their works are over 60 years old ,

As pointed out, performances also have copyright.  But it brings up a point..

Disney would tell you that if Beethoven knew that his works would be out of copyright by now, he would not have had enough incentive to write them!
Uh, that's Disney's line for the present day anyhow...

artists like beethoven

Reply #6
50 free downloads in .mp3 format --preset standard here:  Great selection of classical music!

eMusic

artists like beethoven

Reply #7
50 free downloads in .mp3 format --preset standard here:  Great selection of classical music!

eMusic
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=284250"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

wow! that seems like a pretty good offer...$0.25 / per song or less...+ LAME --preset standard files...
--alt-presets are there for a reason! These other switches DO NOT work better than it, trust me on this.
LAME + Joint Stereo doesn't destroy 'Stereo'