Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: ASIO - Xonar D2X - Vista 64Bit and on XP x64 - No REAL sound... (Read 5898 times) previous topic - next topic

ASIO - Xonar D2X - Vista 64Bit and on XP x64 - No REAL sound...

Hi,

using foobar2000 with the ASIO Plugin gives me no real sound output. I get a noise but it is not nearly like the music it should be... It is just some kind of noise.

Kernel Streaming and DirectSound works. DirectSound with DS3D GX and 24bit works also - only ASIO doesn't.
However I tried another program (included with the Soundcard and using ASIO there works without a problem and gives the correct sound also).

Reply #1
I mean it doesn't matter that much because using Kernel Streaming (or Directsound with DS3D GX) is good enough too. However, it would just be interesting to get ASIO to work too...

Reply #2
I just found out another problem - I don't know if I should put it in here or a new thread BUT I found out that if I have DS3D GX active (maybe by accident) and use the kernel streaming plugin (even only for a few seconds) and shutdown the PC - doesn't matter how much time is gone until that - I then get an error for one of my Default PCI-to-PCI-Bridges and therefore the audio card isn't shown up anymore. Only possibility to "fix" this is to remove the faulty Bridge and reboot.
Strange thing though: If you just reboot you want run into that problem, even if you shut down the PC afterwards (although I didn't test how far you need to boot exactly after reboot to don't run into that problem).
OS tested here is of course only Vista 64Bit (as DS3D GX is not needed and not available on XP x64).

So to don't ran into this problem I now use DirectSound with DS3D GX. Just to go sure, I don't have DS3D GX activated by accident - it is a bit annoying to "fix" this.

Maybe this is a driver problem and therefore I will also contact ASUS-Support. However, as Kernel-Streaming is expermientell I think it might be a bug in that component...

Reply #3
Update:
It seems like this issue also turns up if I use DS3D GX and DirectSound with foobar2000... I am not completely sure that it only occurs after using foobar2000 but it is very likely... However it really seems to be a driver problem....

Reply #4
Hi,

using foobar2000 with the ASIO Plugin gives me no real sound output. I get a noise but it is not nearly like the music it should be... It is just some kind of noise.

Kernel Streaming and DirectSound works. DirectSound with DS3D GX and 24bit works also - only ASIO doesn't.
However I tried another program (included with the Soundcard and using ASIO there works without a problem and gives the correct sound also).

Did you map the asio output?  When you do this, there is a test feature and you can see if that is working.  It could just be a bad map.

Reply #5
Regarding the other problem first (that ASIO part I need to check before posting regarding it, however I don't think that is the case): It is very likely a driver issue as it seems to occur more or less randomly or always - even if I didn't use foobar2000 at all.

EDIT:
As thought is normally not wrongly mapped... However it isn't like I don't hear anything BUT I hear just something strange, not the real music... How should I say it sounds like a high whisling (though interrupted and not always, it has a bit like a rythm in it) and beeping....

Reply #6
Regarding the other problem first (that ASIO part I need to check before posting regarding it, however I don't think that is the case): It is very likely a driver issue as it seems to occur more or less randomly or always - even if I didn't use foobar2000 at all.

EDIT:
As thought is normally not wrongly mapped... However it isn't like I don't hear anything BUT I hear just something strange, not the real music... How should I say it sounds like a high whisling (though interrupted and not always, it has a bit like a rythm in it) and beeping....

Ghost,  so when you did the test signal in the asio map you heard the test tone??

Reply #7
Hi,

I just would like to let you know that the ASIO problem was fixed with the newest beta driver from ASUS.