Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: LyricsDB discussion (Read 412521 times) previous topic - next topic

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #100
I've looked but I can't seem to figure out how to upload lyrics. What am I missing?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #101
Are you registered?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #102
Are you registered?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351906"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

yes

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #103
I've looked but I can't seem to figure out how to upload lyrics. What am I missing?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351891"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
By the plugin? Just right-click on song and select "export to db". If you want to edit some lyrics by the web-interface you must login first, then find the html with lyrics (using "artists" link for example) and click "edit" at the bottom.
dezisehtnys eb lliw noitulover eht

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #104
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351891"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
By the plugin? Just right-click on song and select "export to db". If you want to edit some lyrics by the web-interface you must login first, then find the html with lyrics (using "artists" link for example) and click "edit" at the bottom.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=351950"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

hmm... So when I choose that I get a warning that there aren't any lyrics, yet they are being displayed. I went into LyricMake and was able to load them from tags but when I checked them in TagScanner they weren't there. From TagScanner I pulled them back in and rechecked in Foobar; they aren't found by LyricMake or LyricDB but they do display.

I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place. Are there any known issues with LyricMake & LyricDB?

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #105
I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place. Are there any known issues with LyricMake & LyricDB?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352075"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The tag name is %LYRICS% for lyricsdb (and lyrics panel, for example). That's some convenience "de facto". But yes, sure, it must be configurable gr... maybe I'll find some time today for this.
p.s. Is it really just tag name issue? Try to view all tags by the foobar's common tags viewer...
p.p.s. Never used LyricMake...
p.p.p.s I'm not native english-speaking person, but is "lyric" corect word for song-text? I thought that "lyric" is adjective.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #106
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352075"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
The tag name is %LYRICS% for lyricsdb (and lyrics panel, for example). That's some convenience "de facto". But yes, sure, it must be configurable gr... maybe I'll find some time today for this.
p.s. Is it really just tag name issue? Try to view all tags by the foobar's common tags viewer...
p.p.s. Never used LyricMake...
p.p.p.s I'm not native english-speaking person, but is "lyric" corect word for song-text? I thought that "lyric" is adjective.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352081"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

There is a configuration option in LyricMake but it seems to have corrupted some (not all) other tags after I looked in the comments so I'm leary of using it anymore.

How do you add lyrics? LyricMake is the only thing I've found so far that does this.

Either lyric or lyrics is correct and both are nouns.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #107
How do you add lyrics? LyricMake is the only thing I've found so far that does this.
If you're talking about timestamped lyrics (not supported by lyricsdb AFAIK) then I think LyricMake is your only option at the moment. Otherwise you can use lyricsdb or foobar.

HTH.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #108
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352084"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I took a look in my dictionary:
Lyric is and adjective and lyrics is a noun.
Lyric as a noun means poetry.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #109
There is a configuration option in LyricMake but it seems to have corrupted some (not all) other tags after I looked in the comments so I'm leary of using it anymore.
(what a nice plugin)
How do you add lyrics? LyricMake is the only thing I've found so far that does this.[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352084"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]
Plain-text lyrics? By the lyricsdb - either "import from db" or "edit lyrics" from context menu (right-click, Lyrics->edit lyrics).
upd: and yes, LyricsDB oses not support timestamped lyrics in any way.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #110
I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

added configurability for the tag name in the second beta of 0.0.6. can get it there: [a href="http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip]http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip[/url]. Nothing else has been changed.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #111
[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I took a look in my dictionary:
Lyric is and adjective and lyrics is a noun.
Lyric as a noun means poetry.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352155"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Yes it can be used as an adjective but it's also a noun. [a href="http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=lyric]See last listing.[/url]

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #112
I think the problem might be either the tag LyricMake is using %LYRIC% is incorrect or it's writing the tag in the wrong place.[{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

added configurability for the tag name in the second beta of 0.0.6. can get it there: [a href="http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip]http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/files/foo_lyricsdb_beta2.zip[/url]. Nothing else has been changed.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=352224"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Thanks for the update option!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #113
I think this is a great plugin and I'd just like to add my voice. I know both of these have already been requested but I would also love to see the ability to download to a .lrc file rather than the tag and the ability to keep timestamps.

I prefer to use .lrc files rather than tags as large tags (or at least the reading of them by lyric show etc) conflict with another plugin (foo_remote). I also prefer not to mess about with tags generally as it confuses my mp3 player.

I know you're busy with lots of things so I'm not expecting these to necessarily be implemented but in a perfect world I’d love to have them.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #114
"Too bad" i have no request regarding the plugin but to port it to Foobar2000 version 0.9
It's the only reason I'm still hangin' to version 8.3

But anyway, thanks for this really great plugin!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #115
"Too bad" i have no request regarding the plugin but to port it to Foobar2000 version 0.9
It's the only reason I'm still hangin' to version 8.3

But anyway, thanks for this really great plugin!
Thanks, really glad to hear it. I hadn't have msvc2005, so couldn't try to recompile for 0.9. I tryed today, and it'll take some time. There's new SDK issues as well as new msvc and xml parser or whatever ones.
By the way i haven't appreciated new foobar at all and think i'll just return to 0.8.3 as soon as i'll release new version of the plugin (but i'll do my best to release it as soon as possible)...
And i've added to my "todo" list serious database speed optimisations, just right after release of the plugin for 0.9...

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #116
we really do want a new version of your plugin for 0.9! can't wait until it'll be done! your plugin and lyrics db are best!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #117
we really do want a new version of your plugin for 0.9! can't wait until it'll be done! your plugin and lyrics db are best!
They changed a lot in the the API, I spent several hours trying to compile the plugin somehow (by disabling part after part) and — nothing. Seems I have to create empty project and recreate all the plugin structure, It'll take some time. I, actually don't really want to write this plugin from empty list and don't have much time for it. If somebody wants to do it I can give sources for 0.8.3 it's not a problem, but I think it'll be much easyer to create totally new plugin, all what you need is the protocol desctiption and it's avaliable on the site. I'll support it in every way: it's what I actually want: alternatives for my plugin (for other players, for example), it must be fun!
So, back to the subject: I'm sorry, it can take month or even more, it's sad, I know, but that's it. Or may be I'm wrong and I just have forgoten to set some option and there's no problems at all, but I have some doubts about it.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #118
to me the plug in is very slow , but finds a lot of lyrics

strange i'm not able to export!

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #119
I think you have to register and put your registration info in the plugin preferences.

I wish a developer could help dug porting it... I'm not aware of similar problems for the other ported plugins, so there's hopefully a workaround.

Alessandro

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #120
to me the plug in is very slow , but finds a lot of lyrics

yep, there are speed problems, I am aware of. It's on my todo list next to porting the plugin for 0.9.
And you don't have to be registred to export, really strange.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #121
The old versions of the plugin (0.0.4 or older) are not supported any more. It's half a year sinse release of 0.0.5, and some people keep using 0.0.4 or even older versions. Time to update.

A little database speedup, a little functionality restrictions (in the web-interface mainly).

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #122
This plugin has finally forced me to register. Whenever I try to download lyrics it always tells me that lyrics cannot be found, I have set the server to http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lepserver.cgi and have played with various settings for ages with no change.

Anyone know why the plug-in cannot find lyrics, I am trying tracks that I can quite clearly see in http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/.

LyricsDB discussion

Reply #123
This plugin has finally forced me to register. Whenever I try to download lyrics it always tells me that lyrics cannot be found, I have set the server to http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/cgi-bin/lepserver.cgi and have played with various settings for ages with no change.

Anyone know why the plug-in cannot find lyrics, I am trying tracks that I can quite clearly see in http://lyrics.mirkforce.net/.
if you have icq, you can tell me your UIN and we'll try to play with it when we will be both on-line.