Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 10 Beta 8 (Read 3891 times) previous topic - next topic

dBpowerAMP Music Converter Release 10 Beta 8

AccurateRip has been updated, two major changes: firstly it is transportable to other applications (Andre has hinted it will be implemented into EAC!) and 2ndly it is now compatible with multioffset discs (discs from different batches, everything identical except sample are off shifted by x samples).

Notable additions to dMC: Wave - Compatible with WaveFORMATExtensible wave files, rewritten to support 24 bit & high frequency multichannel through a flexible new compression page.
Mp3 tagging is unicode 8 compatible (Windows NT, 2000 & XP only).

Existing people who have used AccurateRip, if you have data to submit do it first before installing Beta 8 and before installing Beta 8 make a note of your drives offset (Audio CD Input >> Options), then install Beta 8 and it will offer to find the offset again, tell me if the new offset found does not match the existing.

Download:

http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dMC-r10beta8.exe

1.6MB

Reply #1
this is really something special here... and I can't wait for this part: 
(Andre has hinted it will be implemented into EAC!)
WARNING:  Changing of advanced parameters might degrade sound quality.  Modify them only if you are expirienced in audio compression!

Reply #2
I have a question,

in which cases I can enable 2-pass encoding for WMA9? I want to experiment with WMA 9 a bit for my long trip and iMP-350. 2-pass checkbox seems to be disabled permanently

TIA
My endian is bigger than yours.

Reply #3
That option is in the Power Pack.

Reply #4
Do you know, any FREE software (other then Windows Media Encoder) that can covert to WMA9 2-pass VBR files?

TIA
My endian is bigger than yours.

Reply #5
Do you know, any FREE software (other then Windows Media Encoder) that can covert to WMA9 2-pass VBR files?

No, but you can download WMA encoder 9 (not WMP) from MS and play with the switches to do exactly that. I have NO IDEA how to do it. Spoon's program makes it easy to do. Its really just a front end for the encoder.

Having ponied up the $20 for the powerpack, I highly recommend you do the same. Its well worth it and you are supporting a great programmer. $20 is not a fortune. You will be able to do a lot with dBPoweramp.