Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_remote (Read 7845 times) previous topic - next topic

foo_remote

I love the foobar2k remote, but does anyone know if there's a way I can change the next track button to a next/random button?  I like to use the shuffle feature, but clicking the button only selects the next song in the playlist.  Thanks!  By the way, I'm using foobar2000 v.62a and the current version of the foobar2k remote on the 3rd party general plugins page.
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #1
I will fix and improve it.

foo_remote

Reply #2
I will fix and improve it.

Thanks a bunch!  Also, is there any way the window that pops up when you put your mouse over the buttons or when the song changes could be allowed to permanently move?  Since the number of programs I have in my taskbar varies, I like to put the remote on the left side so I don't have to keep sliding the remote back and forth, but I can't use the track seeking feature when the window pops up on the right side and vanishes when my mouse leaves the buttons.  If that would be difficult to implement, then it's not a big deal.  Great work overall!
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #3
where can i get it?

foo_remote

Reply #5
this is a great little component for fb2k..i hope you continue to update
a couple of suggestions:
-a random button
-maybe move the window to pop-up right over the buttons? (mine opens above the tray)
-and could you display the playlist in the pop-up window as well (at a small fixed size with a scroll bar)
here's an example (taken from the shell audio player):

foo_remote

Reply #6
this is a great little component for fb2k..i hope you continue to update
a couple of suggestions:
-a random button
-maybe move the window to pop-up right over the buttons? (mine opens above the tray)
-and could you display the playlist in the pop-up window as well (at a small fixed size with a scroll bar)
here's an example (taken from the shell audio player):

ok, I'll do the playlist (try the latest version which is - I hope - already available for download and fixes some things)

foo_remote

Reply #7
ok, I'll do the playlist (try the latest version which is - I hope - already available for download and fixes some things)

beautiful!  this is exactly what i need..controls and a seekbar without sacrificing the original, minimal look of fb2k..genius work steel_space!

let us know if you get that playlist feature to work

ONE MORE THING...it doesn't seem to save it's settings (customizations) after a reboot or log off...or is that just mine?

foo_remote

Reply #8

Awesome!  I missed your reply earlier, so I didn't notice that there was a new version.  It's great!  You fixed exactly what needed to be fixed.  Great work!

On a side note, what is the difference between ANSI and unicode?  I normally just pick one when downloading, and in this case I used the unicode version because the file version listed on the ANSI version was 1.0.0.1 while the file version on the unicode one was 1.0.0.3.  Are ANSI and Unicode just different ways of compiling the source code?  Should I be downloading one or the other when getting plugins from the internet?  Thanks again for your great work!

[EDIT]
I just remembered something that can be annoying at times.  When you put your mouse over the remote, it puts the remote and window on top of everything else, which can get in the way when you're trying to get to programs towards the bottom of the "All Programs" menu.

I've created a video to depict what I'm talking about.  Click here to see it.  I imagine that the only way to really "fix" this problem would be to somehow set its priority on top of everything but the taskbar and programs menu, but you're the coder so you know best.
[/EDIT]
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #9
hi CyberInferno,
thanks for suggestions. I'll fix the problems.

As far as Unicode vs. ANSI:
--------------------------------

Unicode version works on winNT, 2000, XP only. If you have such kind of system, use this. There is no problem with international characters, tags etc.

ANSI version must be used on Win95, 98, Me and correctly displays only characters from the character set of your Windows version (i.e. you will not correctly see Chinese texts on U.S. windows).

You should also use same (Unicode/ANSI) version of foobar2k executable.

(BTW thanks for nice video:)

foo_remote

Reply #10
hi CyberInferno,

Unicode version works on winNT, 2000, XP only. If you have such kind of system, use this. There is no problem with international characters, tags etc.

ANSI version must be used on Win95, 98, Me and correctly displays only characters from the character set of your Windows version (i.e. you will not correctly see Chinese texts on U.S. windows).

I'm glad to help.  Thanks for promptly addressing and fixing the problems!  Also, thanks for explaining the Unicode/ANSI thing.  Fortunately, I've been using Unicode for foobar and the remote under WinXP, but it's good that I know why I should be using it.  And you're welcome for the video.  I wasn't sure if what I said made sense, so I figured showing it to you would be simpler. ;-)
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #11
hi CyberInferno,

I'm glad to help.  Thanks for promptly addressing and fixing the problems!  Also, thanks for explaining the Unicode/ANSI thing.  Fortunately, I've been using Unicode for foobar and the remote under WinXP, but it's good that I know why I should be using it.  And you're welcome for the video.  I wasn't sure if what I said made sense, so I figured showing it to you would be simpler. ;-)

hi, I'm working on the playlist, but there is some problem in fb2k SDK. It does not notify the changes in playlist so I have to consult the author. I hope he will improve it soon.

foo_remote

Reply #12
hi, I'm working on the playlist, but there is some problem in fb2k SDK. It does not notify the changes in playlist so I have to consult the author. I hope he will improve it soon.

Thanks as always :-)
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #13
hope you get that playlist working...did you come across the customization problem? when you customize the taskbar the way you want it (eg. remove seperators, buttons), it resets after a reboot/logoff/kill and restart explorer.exe...

foo_remote

Reply #14
hope you get that playlist working...did you come across the customization problem? when you customize the taskbar the way you want it (eg. remove seperators, buttons), it resets after a reboot/logoff/kill and restart explorer.exe...

Yes, but I found a fix for it.  What I did is, I customized the toolbar then removed the toolbar from the taskbar.  I think doing this saves the settings.  After I added the toolbar again and moved it back, I logged off and back on and the settings were the same.  See if this works for you.
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #15
nice...it works..thanks again

foo_remote

Reply #16
nice...it works..thanks again

You're welcome.
-CyberInferno

foo_remote

Reply #17
just checkin on the progress..hows it goin steel_space? hope you're still workin on it

foo_remote

Reply #18
Currently tbar_foo has got all I need. The only thing I'm dreaming about is to have that pop-uping seeking bar right next to (or under) the control buttons... Is it possible to do and if so, do You steel_space plan it for future?

EDIT:
I think You should add common play/pause button instead of separate play and pause buttons, because of space-saving issue . Or simply give the users ability to choose betwen of them.

foo_remote

Reply #19
This plugin is something that I really HAVE TO use (I mean I can't live without it...) with Foobar so please make it "compatybile" with 0.7