Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: mpc, rest in peace (Read 58010 times) previous topic - next topic

mpc, rest in peace

Reply #75

The corpse is only moving by the energy of small worms but that's all.
This should be nominated as both The Most Bizarre Quote and The Funniest Quote of the year.

This could be inspiration for Roger Waters or if only Jim Morrison were still around... 
Reason is immortal, all else mortal
- Pythagoras

mpc, rest in peace

Reply #76
ok ive tested mp3, wma, aac, ogg, mpc in ~240 bitrate and i achieved almost perfect sound quality with mpc, the rest was distorted or artifacted
Post your ABX results and then we'll believe you.
No ABX result? I'm afraid you're just hearing things.
you musnt believe me, its MY opinion 
no we must not believe you but you on your part must adhere to the TOS of this forum (see #8) 

edit: spelling
edit 2: outperformed by Gabriel in both speed and quality
Are we revisiting the sequential quoting thread again? 

Edit: Stupid Tyopes? and also the link to the aforementioned thread.

mpc, rest in peace

Reply #77
Not to resurrect a dead thread about a dead codec, but this thread came up in a non-related search I just performed and thought it somewhat coincidental since I just got an email about forum activity at musepack.net (rare emails, of course!). They just announced that SV8 stable is released.

I love MPC but we're living in a world dominated by either MP3 or iPod-compatible formats...still. Even moreso than in 2006 since the iPhone became so prominent. I love my Rockboxed Sansa and prefer foobar when on a Windows box. But I love turning my friends onto new bands and artists and you're forcing them to either jump through hoops or perform the evil act of transcoding lossy to lossy if you hand them Musepack files vs. anything that can go straight to their iPod.

Even mixed CDs aren't as desirable to many these days, as so many live by their iPod/iPhones. Even sworn Mac/Apple haters...LOL.  Give them a cd made from lossy files and they'll import into iTunes - equal to transcoding unless they use ALAC (and they won't).

I love MPC because I'm a music geek but I can't have just an MPC version...I'll always need a lossless and/or MP3/AAC as well if I'm going to put that CD into storage an expect to not have to dig it out when I ask a friend if they've heard The Jesus and Mary Chain, Ride, or the Rach 3 (which I just saw live the other night here with Stephen Hough and the Utah Symphony...wow!!!).

mpc, rest in peace

Reply #78
. But I love turning my friends onto new bands and artists and you're forcing them to either jump through hoops or perform the evil act of transcoding lossy to lossy if you hand them Musepack files vs. anything that can go straight to their iPod.

If they like it, all the more incentive for them to buy the music.   

mpc, rest in peace

Reply #79
I just got an email about forum activity at musepack.net (rare emails, of course!). They just announced that SV8 stable is released.

SV8 was just finalized in Mart, 2009.
What you've seen perhaps is the latest beta (r477) from this February, which is not recommended officially, BTW.

~~