Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Album Art Downloader XUI (Read 2036133 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Album Art Downloader XUI

Reply #2875
I tried uninstalling dotnet 4.7.2 and installing 3.5 SP1, no luck, same problem.

I tried something else: i've deleted inside the script the TLS part:

Code: [Select]
class Discogs(AlbumArtDownloader.Scripts.IScript):

Name as string:
get: return "Discogs"
Now the source appears. But no results when i look for Nirvana/Nevermind or other classics that should find lots of images. Same thing reinstalling dotnet 4.7.2.

The listSources command is now fine:
PS D:\TEMP\AlbumArtDownloader> .\aad.exe /listSources
Album Art Downloader XUI Command Line Interface version 1.0.1.0

Name       Ver     Author
══════════════════════════════
Discogs    0.19    Alex Vallat

PS D:\TEMP\AlbumArtDownloader>

Reply #2876
OK, that's useful information. There's something with your setup that doesn't like setting System.Net.ServicePointManager.SecurityProtocol, but I don't know why. The reason it doesn't find any results if you remove it is the Discogs requires TLS 1.1 or above to connect.

You could try specifying the protocol in an app.config file instead, try adding the attached file next to AlbumArt.exe and see if that works (leaving your doctored discogs script without the TLS bits.

Unfortunately I suspect that if there's a problem with setting the TLS version through code it would also fail to set using a config file, but I guess it's worth a try.

Reply #2877
I've put the file into the main folder, no results.

How can i check the TLS protocol is correctly configured in my setup? Maybe via registry? In IE i got this:

It's in french but you can see TLS 1.2 is ok.

I suppose there isn't any other script using TLS ?

Reply #2878
No, I don't think any other source requires specific versions of TLS. Your settings are for IE, I don't think they apply to .net. You can check what happens if you use PowerShell to run:
[System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12

If it gives some sort of error message it might indicate what the problem with setting it is, I suppose.

Reply #2879
It does nothing:

PS C:\Users\a981252_a> [System.Net.ServicePointManager]::SecurityProtocol = [System.Net.SecurityProtocolType]::Tls12
PS C:\Users\a981252_a>

Ok, that's enough lost of time for you for a one guy problem. I'll do without Discogs! Thanks a lot for trying  :)

Reply #2880
Yeah, sorry about that, I'm pretty much out of ideas now too. I hope one of the other sources can give you the results you need.

Reply #2881
Any chance of a ebay script for this?, i often find art on ebay
I find very good artwork in ebay too. So I agree with xbon:  Any chance of a ebay script for this?

Reply #2882
I find very good artwork in ebay too. So I agree with xbon:  Any chance of a ebay script for this?
Please give this script a try, and let me know if it works well for you: ebay.boo

I've set it to search "Brand New CDs" only, as that seemed more likely to return cover art rather than photos of jewel cases.

Reply #2883
Hi,

I have just started to use this program and I like it. I have a feature suggestion that I think would be useful: A way to see if the jpeg's are baseline or progressive.

I've had problems with progressive jpeg's on some players, but baseline always works. So I'd like to download only the baseline type. With my own scans I always save as baseline, but when downloading album art I can't find an easy way to distinguish between the encoding types.

I'm no expert of the jpeg format, but here's my saving/format options in Photoshop:

Baseline ("Standard")
Baseline Optimized
Progressive

Written exactly like that. There's also a quality setting from 0 to 12, but that has never caused any problems.

I always save my own scans as Baseline ("Standard"), as this seems to be the most basic format and most widely supported by players, and I've never had a problem with this format. The sometimes unsupported format seems to be "progressive", and my impression from various support forums is that this is not an unusual problem.

I've also taken a glimpse here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JPEG and there seem to be "baseline sequential" and "baseline progressive" encoding, but this is beyond my understanding. But my guessing is that anything "progressive" is a format that some players don't support.

So, what do you think? Could a feature showing the encoding type be implemented in the program? Or maybe an option to show only the baseline type?

Reply #2884
Thanks for your suggestion. It would not be possible to determine the encoding used without first downloading the full-sized image, so I don't think this is something I will add to Album Art Downloader. It sounds like what you really need is a batch image converter (like XnConvert or similar), to convert all progressive-encoded JPEGs to baseline-encoded JPEGs.

Reply #2885
I did believe that the encoding type was written in the metadata, so it could be prefetched just like pixel dimension and file size. If that's not the case, and you'd have to decode the whole file, it would be more difficult of course.

Maybe it could be a user request, i.e. when you have decided for a suitable cover candidate, you right-click on it to request a full download for analysis of the encoding type?

Just a thought, but maybe there's too much work involved to implement this idea.

Reply #2886
I did believe that the encoding type was written in the metadata
Just to avoid any confusion:  "Header" is what I meant, not metadata.

(But maybe a header could be considered a kind of metadata;  I'm not entirely sure of the correct terminology)

Reply #2887
It would be data inside the JPEG file, in any case. Not in the HTTP Header, if that's what you were thinking. Doesn't really matter where inside it is, the file would still need to be downloaded. Analysing and converting image formats is out of scope for AAD, as I mentioned before, the right software for doing that is batch image conversion.

Reply #2888
Initially I was thinking that it's possible to preview only the header of the jpeg file - before downloading the whole file - and that AAD takes the pixel dimension and file size from there. That assumption led me to believe that the encoding type could be prefetched the same way.

Now I realize that AAD probably fetches the pixel & size info from the HTTP code. Is this the case?

Reply #2889
For some sources, the size information is available from the search results - either because it always provides a fixed size, or because the size is listed somewhere in the results page. Where it isn't available, it will just list it as unknown until the image is actually downloaded.

Reply #2890
I get the picture now, so to speak. Thanks for your support  :)

Reply #2891
Hi, discogs seems to be broken again? I'm getting no results from that server...
Thanks for the effort in advance.

Reply #2892
Hi, discogs seems to be broken again? I'm getting no results from that server...
Could you let me know what you're searching for? Seems to be working to me...

Reply #2893
Could you let me know what you're searching for? Seems to be working to me...

Dear Alex, i beg you pardon...

I was using the wrong script, after updating everything works. Again, SORRY!!!

Reply #2894
Hi Alex!
I'm using AAD for several months now and I'm very happy with it. However, the script for Fanart.tv constantly causes problems. The recent issue is that covers won't load in full resolution and often appear only in 200x200. It often takes forever for Fanart to respond at all.

Reply #2895
the script for Fanart.tv constantly causes problems.
It seems to be working OK for me, could you give an example of a search that is not returning full size results for you?

Reply #2897
Either it's an intermittent problem on their end (you could check by trying to search the site itself when a problem occurs), or they are throttling or restricting access to it. The script itself seems to be working fine.

Reply #2898
Either it's an intermittent problem on their end (you could check by trying to search the site itself when a problem occurs), or they are throttling or restricting access to it. The script itself seems to be working fine.
 Searching manually at Fanart.tv always works without any problems. However, I suppose their servers are somehow blocking access during certain times of the day. Most likely at times when it's evening in the US. I'm in Germany and currently everything works fine.

I've encountered another issue. The script does not always fetch all images from Fanart. I've just tried again searching for "Chinese Democracy" by Guns N'Roses and even though I've set the script to 5 images, all I get is two of them. The site has actually five different artworks: https://fanart.tv/artist/eeb1195b-f213-4ce1-b28c-8565211f8e43/guns-n-roses/

The script does not fetch the first image:

Reply #2899
I think what's happening here is you are limiting it to return only 5 results from fanart.tv, and then also filtering it to only show "Front" covers. So if the other Front covers aren't part of the first 5 returned, then they won't be available. Try increasing the limit to 10.