Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: First freely available AC3 encoder for Windows (Read 6877 times) previous topic - next topic

First freely available AC3 encoder for Windows

From the man who brought you SSRC.DLL, and the author of the most popular and advanced tool for audio transcoding...

DSPguru just released BeSweet v1.4b1, which is able to do AC3 multichannel encoding using his ac3enc.dll (Based on ffmpeg project)

You can get it at http://dspguru.notrace.dk/

Reply #1
credits should be given to original developer, Gerard Lantau, from ffmpeg project.

source can be found @ :
http://dspguru.notrace.dk/effects.html

ps,
there's also a GUI for lazy users - AC3Machine[/i].

Reply #2
BTW, it would be very cool if somebody could test it with "official" AC3 encoders quality, like SonicFoundry SoftEncode, Digigram AC3 Encoder or Surcode Dolby Digital.

I could provide samples encoded by these encoders if needed.

Regards;

Roberto.

Reply #3
Having downloaded the latest besweet and ac3 machine 0.3, i have encoded a few sample ac3 files, namely music files from stereo wave files. I'm assuming I'm doing something wrong, because the files that I encode come up with white noise when playing back in winamp. I use in_ac3.dll in winamp, and for a few seconds the song is fine, then get a few bits of white noise, and then goes back to normal playback. When i play this file thru my spdif connection to my dd5.1 receiver, the DD flag comes on, but the audio is totally silent.

I haven't toched any of the settings other than the location of my wav, ac3 and besweet files.

Reply #4
i don't wanna spam this board with bugtrackings. troubleshoot continues here.

Reply #5
I dowloaded the package(Besweet 1.3, aacmachine 0.3 ) and and the winamp plugin (in_aac.dll), Installed in Media Jukebox 8 and is working perfect!. Sounds incredible. At the same or better level of MPC. aac ROCKS!

Reply #6
Originally posted by DSPguru
ps,
there's also a GUI for lazy users - AC3Machine[/i].

ack! I'm lazy for wanting to make my life easier now and not revert back to CLI cave ages?

I'm without surround sound for several weeks so has anyone done any listening tests yet? I'd love to hear some feedback before I begin my own. I hear the speed is incredibly fast but more interested in how it sounds compared to SoftEncode at around 256kbps.

Reply #7
Originally posted by TURBO
I dowloaded the package(Besweet 1.3, aacmachine 0.3 ) and and the winamp plugin (in_aac.dll), Installed in Media Jukebox 8 and is working perfect!. Sounds incredible. At the same or better level of MPC. aac ROCKS!

AC3 not AAC hehe.