Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: MAC 2.92 flac problem (Read 6333 times) previous topic - next topic

MAC 2.92 flac problem

I'm finding that MAC 2.92 is chocking on flac files.  it just stalls triying to index a flac file.  I've tried it on a data DVD as well as off a hard disc.  The files play fine, however.

Any ideas?

-Ron

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #1
FWIW, I use 2.92 to catalog my FLAC files and don't have a problem.

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #2
Works fine for me as well.  Perhaps the FLAC tag is creating the error?  Have you contacted Gambit & the developer crew.  They may be able to help.

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #3
FWIW, I use 2.92 to catalog my FLAC files and don't have a problem.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224428"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

Are you using EAC to rip?  If yes, do you have the "write ID3 tags" box checked.  I have it checked, but i remember something in MAREO that says to have it unchecked.
<http://mareo.netfirms.com/>

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #4
Not using ID3 tags. I have cuesheets embedded in the files.

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #5
Not using ID3 tags. I have cuesheets embedded in the files.
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224464"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I tried it without ID3 tags, and MAC still stalled..  it was a thought...

-Ron

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #6
I also had problems (and reported them to the MAC crew) while reading certain flac files, but I could track done mine to files with additional ID3v2 tags. Maybe you could provide a (short, of course) flac file which causes the stalling problem?

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #7
I also had problems (and reported them to the MAC crew) while reading certain flac files, but I could track done mine to files with additional ID3v2 tags. Maybe you could provide a (short, of course) flac file which causes the stalling problem?
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=224856"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

I could try to find something less than a nimute that causes the problem, but where do I send it?  I do not have any FTP/HTTP server access.

-Ron

MAC 2.92 flac problem

Reply #8
I could try to find something less than a nimute that causes the problem, but where do I send it?  I do not have any FTP/HTTP server access.

-Ron
[a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=225314"][{POST_SNAPBACK}][/a]

you could email it here:
macteam@users.sourceforge.net

It is probably enough with the first 100 kb or so of a big file in case you can't find a small enough file that triggers the bug.