Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Rockbox 3.6 Stable Release (Read 16143 times) previous topic - next topic

Rockbox 3.6 Stable Release

Version 3.6 of the open source digital audio player software has been released for 30 officially supported devices.

Whats new:

• Support for Musepack SV8, TTA, ATRAC3/OMA and several new PCM formats
  • Improved battery life decoding Vorbis, AAC, WMA, Cook, ATRAC3 and AC3
  • Support for themes with multiple concurrent fonts
  • Customizable hot keys
  • Spectrum Analyzer Plugin
  • Skin support for the radio screen
  • Many bug fixes

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/ReleaseNotes36

Reply #1
  • Support for Musepack SV8

wow good news 
but can not decode for SV8 on my ipodnano 1g... 

error code:
Code: [Select]
Data abort
at 00009820 (0)

MPC Encoder (1.30.0) setting is only "--quality 6.00" with ape tag v2 ...will soon 3.6.1???
<name>madoka</name>

Reply #2
Can you send me the file?

Reply #3
Thanks for another great release.

I'm on ipodnano 1st gen too !

Good thing battery life is extended because after the years it's starting to show aging...

Reply #4
thanks saratoga 

Can you send me the file?

sample files upload below (these files are all 30 seconds):
http://codecs.ex-sounds.net/mpcsv8_samples_20100605.zip

this problem might not occur when the file is short... 
replicate this problem on my ipodnano 1st gen:
1. playback from samples.m3u
2. playback again from samples.m3u during playback
3. error code displayed (and freeze)
<name>madoka</name>

Reply #5
replicate this problem on my ipodnano 1st gen:
1. playback from samples.m3u
2. playback again from samples.m3u during playback
3. error code displayed (and freeze)

Tried this about 10 times and couldn't get a crash.  The files all played fine so I don't think its a problem with SV8.  If you can come up with more specific instructions let me know.

Reply #6
Tried this about 10 times and couldn't get a crash.  The files all played fine so I don't think its a problem with SV8.  If you can come up with more specific instructions let me know.

thank you for testing and useful comment 

there seems to be a problem in my ipodnano. I reinstalled latest bootloader and 3.6 firmware. but the problem occur and not occur. I am testing in various patterns, but I doesn't understand well 

config.cfg below:
Code: [Select]
# .cfg file created by rockbox 3.6 - http://www.rockbox.org

volume: 0
selector type: bar (inverse)
foreground color: 000000
background color: FFFFFF
replaygain type: album
replaygain preamp: -80
crossfeed: on
default codepage: utf-8
font: /.rockbox/fonts/lc-nim-lu-uni.fnt
wps: /.rockbox/wps/iAmp.wps
backdrop: -
iconset:
viewers iconset:

<name>madoka</name>

Reply #7
meh..3.6 is freezing my iPod nano.....3 times today already

Reply #8
i guess we can forget about iaudio 7 support

Reply #9
Andree put in a fix for resuming MPC files, so if you're updating for SV8, you should probably use the current build rather than the release.

Reply #10
would love to use this but on my nano 1g it randomly freezes. I then have to wait for the battery to die, reflash the bootloader and do it all over again. I ripped the back off as i got tired of waiting for the battery to go again, and am now back on apple firmware. Real shame as it shows so much promise and really has moved on over time.

Kristian

Reply #11
I had been holding off a while on trying this, but decided to load the current build onto my Sansa Fuze v2. The only major functionality that is still missing is USB connectivity; in other words, you must reboot into the original firmware in order to transfer files.

My initial impressions are that I really like the new default theme (yes, it's been a while since I've run rockbox). On the Fuze, I prefer increasing the font size to 15. I'm also very happy to have gapless and the ability to play additional formats (esp. AAC).

Many thanks to the rockbox community!

Reply #12
I had been holding off a while on trying this, but decided to load the current build onto my Sansa Fuze v2. The only major functionality that is still missing is USB connectivity; in other words, you must reboot into the original firmware in order to transfer files.

My initial impressions are that I really like the new default theme (yes, it's been a while since I've run rockbox). On the Fuze, I prefer increasing the font size to 15. I'm also very happy to have gapless and the ability to play additional formats (esp. AAC).

Many thanks to the rockbox community!

It's working well on my 1st gen Nano and also on my Sanso.  I had to install twice on the nano to get it to work right.