Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Stopped recognizing .fpl files? (Read 1486 times) previous topic - next topic

Stopped recognizing .fpl files?

Just today when I started Foobar it gave me an error for unsupported file types. I hit continue and lo and behold, it couldn't find any of my playlists. Did it stop recognizing .fpl files? Did a specific type of file cause this entire crash?

Anyone know how I could possibly solve this?

Reply #1
More likely, your configuration was corrupted. Which is strange, since the player writes everything out to temporary files first, then moves them over the original files.

Reply #2
That sounds plausible. In that case, do you think a system restore to a recent date might do the trick?

(Really don't feel like remaking 120 playlists because my collection is lazily sorted and really disorganized)

Reply #3
Possibly, but if you had set up Windows Backup, you could also restore your configuration from a previous backup.

If not, there's also foo_jesus for the future.