Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: UT 3 (Read 3338 times) previous topic - next topic

UT 3

It seems you're just desperately seeking for some sort of platform from which to complain about, even it's illogical.

Really didn't read between the * *... I was just pointing out an observation of what I have read.  You don't have to be so defensive as to attack me.  You made your purchase and will live with it and so will the others.

If you're not complaining, but rather relaying what you've seen from the fans, then they're doing the same thing.

Didn't buy it, won't buy it, never will buy it, download it, rip it, etc.  Not a fan of Radiohead because I don't like their music.

This is one of those moments where a "reality check" would suffice.

True, if I was fool enough to complain about a "leap of faith"...

Though at least with game orders we get demos to try before buying and reviews from IGN or others that come out day before or of to let us know if it is good to go or not.  I plan on taking the "leap of faith" on one title only this year, Mass Effect.  The rest I have played the demos and will probably pick up; Unreal Tournament 3, Crysis, Call of Duty 4 and Timeshift.  I have been burnt one too many times by bad games so I look deeply at the demos and reviews before taking a leap on suspect games. 

Speaking of which, have you got a chance to play the Timeshift, UT3 and CoD 4 demos?  All seem worthy titles.  Might consider picking up Hellgate as well along with Jericho...though I will wait for a review on Jericho.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

UT 3

Reply #1
Speaking of which, have you got a chance to play the Timeshift, UT3 and CoD 4 demos?  All seem worthy titles.  Might consider picking up Hellgate as well along with Jericho...though I will wait for a review on Jericho.

I managed to play the UT3 demo after the gamespy id confusion, and so far its pretty awesome but the menu and loading times makes the game feel like its consoled. I also played CoD 4 demo and that was really awesome, am gonna be spending Christmas playing FPS this year on my PC thats for sure.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"

UT 3

Reply #2
I managed to play the UT3 demo after the gamespy id confusion, and so far its pretty awesome but the menu and loading times makes the game feel like its consoled. I also played CoD 4 demo and that was really awesome, am gonna be spending Christmas playing FPS this year on my PC thats for sure.

Understandable.  My rig is able to run it with adequate loading times (4gb DDR2 800 Ram is great) and I use the post processing Vivid.  My display resolution goes to a max of 1440x900 though due to LCD Monitor limitation.  Also, I need to upgrade my video card eventually to take advantage of DirectX 10, I'm waiting on the new AMD DirectX 10.1 card, the RV670 or a comparable nvidia card.  Try out the Timeshift Demo it is pretty neat as well.
Zune 80, Tak -p4 audio library, Lossless=Choice

UT 3

Reply #3

Understandable.  My rig is able to run it with adequate loading times (4gb DDR2 800 Ram is great) and I use the post processing Vivid.  My display resolution goes to a max of 1440x900 though due to LCD Monitor limitation.  Also, I need to upgrade my video card eventually to take advantage of DirectX 10, I'm waiting on the new AMD DirectX 10.1 card, the RV670 or a comparable nvidia card.  Try out the Timeshift Demo it is pretty neat as well.

The menu loading times on UT3 demo were not bad but on ut2003 and ut2004 the menu would just pop up and loading times and menu on UT3 gave my a n00b consoled feeling. Any i got a good almost solid 60fps framerate on both UT3 (40-60) and CoD 4 (40 - 60) thanks to my 320MB GeForce 8800GTS. And I can not wait to try out UT3 on Linux aswell.
"I never thought I'd see this much candy in one mission!"