Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: foo_discogs (Read 1360787 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: foo_discogs

Reply #3001
@frogworth
Thanks for the dump file, I tried crashing the component by following the description in your post but couldn´t. The .dmp file showed the code routine causing it though. Need to set aside some time for it, hopefully that crash won´t occur in next update.

Next update will focus on...
- Browse to current master/release item to make it visible when opening the release panel
- Refine release filter typing
- Custom columns on release panel

Thanks da yuyu... Hope to see a fix soon, as it's still frequently crashing for me.
I created a Github issue for it:
https://github.com/ghDaYuYu/foo_discogs/issues/23
with a new crash log. I can send another dump if useful.

Reply #3002
When I used the field %DISCOGS_ARTISTS_PROFILE% i noticed that it gets

Code: [Select]
[b] Frank Zappa[/b] grew to be one of the most accomplished composers of the rock era, his music combining an understanding and appreciation for such contemporary classical figures as [b][a=Igor Stravinsky][/b], [b][a=Karlheinz Stockhausen][/b] and [b][a=Edgard Varèse][/b]

and

[a237886] the force behind [url=http://www.discogs.com/artist/2843814-Dweezil-Zappa-Plays-Zappa] "[i]Zappa Plays Zappa[/i]" [/url] as well as an accomplished guitarist in his own right; [a296279], [a1635870] and the more reserved [a296276].

Is there any way to get the tag text like this?

Frank Zappa grew to be one of the most accomplished composers of the rock era, his music combining an understanding and appreciation for such contemporary classical figures as Igor Stravinsky, Karlheinz Stockhausen and Edgard Varèse

and

Dweezil Zappa the force behind "Zappa Plays Zappa" as well as an accomplished guitarist in his own right; Moon Zappa, Diva Zappa and the more reserved Ahmet Zappa. 

Reply #3003
I haven't been following & don't have any time for this right now, but nice work da yuyu. If you make a MR on bitbucket some time I would review them and merge into the main release, once they are stable.

Did you ever fix the issue of it being very slow (at least under wine)? That seemed like a major issue.

Hi zoomorph, great to see you back. I'll be glad to MR at some point in the future of course.
The thing about the poor performance is going well. The filtering is not as awful as it was last week and there is a new option to cache on disk, nice for big artist collections. I believe it is getting better.
The throughput in the connections is not so good, but that seams like a limitation at Discogs. Idk maybe something to do with the protocol, the load balancing... is hard to tell. All in all your component does a fantastic job for my needs. Looking forward for that MR at some point in the future. All the best.

Reply #3004
Tried mod.17.1 after several weeks of abstinence and it's always crashing on me after fetching the artist releases. When it wasn't crashing and opened the match track dialogue no tracks where shown - weather the fetched release tracks nor my local files...

EDIT: crazy sh..., i found the culprit. when having foo_upnp_out selected as output device (DLNA speaker), then your plugin is crashing. Having selected primary sound driver, everything is working as expected. :-O

EDIT2: at least i can run mod.16.1 - with mod.17.1 same problem as before.

Reply #3005
Sorry, about that...
A crash was reported on the repo that was solved by resetting 'Release formatting string' (Searching options) to the default value. You may check that just in case... About these crash reports, I am sorry I am somehow unable to run them. Would you please test again on v18.1 (maybe check also on a fresh install) and upload them again?
Thanks for reporting!  :)

Reply #3006
Hey @da yuyu, I've got a small issue I want to raise.
In the tagging dialog, every time you adjust anything - e.g. you're searching for Boris, and you need to click through Boris (1), Boris (3) etc to find the right one - the Filter is replaced by whatever's tagged in the album title.

This can be inconvenient. If it's a CD with no tags, or untagged files, the filter keeps getting erased and you need to retype it. If the album title has punctuation in it, you might want to filter on a fragment of the title, and you have to keep editing that each time.

Can you possible change it to the old behaviour, where the Filter is initialised with album title, but then whatever you type in there stays for as long as the dialog is open?
Thanks!

Reply #3007
You are welcome, sounds quite bothersome...
Hopefully a fix will be included in the next release.

Reply #3009
Hiya.
I just installed the new 1.1 & 1.0 releases, and had foo_discogs as well as foo_discogger both active.
Looks like the later discogger disables the right click menu for foo_discogs under Tagging named just "Discogs". Also, there seem to be some funny cross-cancelling going on.
With the above, where foo_discogs as well as foo_discogger were active and the right click menu entries from foo_discogs , the right click menu for foo_discogger also had the top 2 options, write & uodate tags greyed out / disabled.

Is anyone else seeing this ?

Nevermind, updated the 2.23 stream to the latest 18.2 as well - and all seems fine now (Discogs right Click menu entry is there, and Discogger Write option is not greyed out anymore).

Cheers.
c.

Reply #3010
I also experienced some short of component hiccups, on all versions, directly after installation.
There might be a common bug (maybe related to OAuth), seams to get solved after the first-run.
Thanks for the feedback,
Cheers

Reply #3011
The component has stopped working for me, OAUTH error:

(FATAL) Error: Authorization Failed (401) [Is OAuth working?](url: https://api.discogs.com/database/search)
[ESCAPE to close]

foobar 1.6.7
foo_discogs 2.23-mod.18.2

Reply #3012
Wow :-)

Just a couple of months not visiting and so much has being changed.

Thank you zoomorph for all your time and efforts to bring the foo_discogs component to such an intergalactic state, nobody wants to miss in their daily work ! (and of course thanks again to bubblegum).

And thank you da yuyu for continuing to develop and making the component now even more greater while fixing the odd bugs we had in the last years :-)

it's a nice day!

Reply #3013
The component has stopped working for me, OAUTH error:
that seems to be an problem on discogs side, I think?

We're using the old component v2.20 and when I do an OAuth TEST (from the OAuth configuration page in the components prefs) I get errors like that, immediately

(FATAL) Error: Too Many Requests (429) [Discogs API rate-limit reached.](url: https://api.discogs.com/oauth/request_token)

[ESCAPE to close]
Log:
[12:08:06] foo_discogs: HTTP error status: HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests
[12:08:06] foo_discogs: Rate-limited. Retrying: 1
[12:08:08] foo_discogs: HTTP error status: HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests
[12:08:08] foo_discogs: Rate-limited. Retrying: 2
[12:08:13] foo_discogs: HTTP error status: HTTP/1.1 429 Too Many Requests
[12:08:13] foo_discogs: Rate-limited. Retrying: 3

I have not made any requests this day, so the rate limit can not be the reasong, I guess...

X

When I get back laters, I'll try the new modded component with that.

Reply #3014
There is a current issue with the Discogs API. Lots of people experiencing the same "Too Many Requests" issue:
https://www.discogs.com/forum/thread/892264
Unrelated to any changes with this plugin, and I think only in the last 24 hours or less. Hopefully somebody on the Discogs side notices soon!

Reply #3015
@frogworth
Thanks frogworth for the info, the service seams to be up again!
I am getting the same performance ratios and rate limits as before the issue, so at first glance, it seams as nothing much changed from the clients point of view. This issue reminded me that I have been postponing (related to the modded version) completing a full offline mode for cached artists/releases. Hopefully this feature will be available soon in next releases.

@fuffi
You are welcome, hope you enjoy having the choice of different versions, quite similar but also each with its own
specific aspects.

Reply #3016
Hi! I'm using foo_discogs 2.23 and I noticed for some time foo_discogger. I installed the component and it seems both are the same. What is the difference between these 2 components? Should I use both of them?

Reply #3017
You are welcome, hope you enjoy having the choice of different versions, quite similar but also each with its own
specific aspects.
being able to use both the 2 components is a plain WIN!

Now, that the development is up again, I'd like to add some old feature requests (if I'm able to find them on this crowded thread...) and put them on github with some minor bugs, I discovered.

Question:
The last 2 hours, I had quite some crashes, so is github the place to post them, or this thread?

In the meantime, I have a question regarding the "Master release formatting string":
(see animated gif)

When I change the string, I need to restart fb2k to apply the changes, which is...inconveniant.
Is there a way, that I can change those strings and apply them *directly* (or with less clicks as possible) for testing them?

Thank you.

Reply #3018
Hi,
can somebody tell me, how to get rid of those expandable "+"  ?

X

What code do I need (and where do I find it) to make it look like this:

X

I copied the code from the "old" component to the modded one, but I have no clue, why it is showing those expandable plusses?

Reply #3019
I installed the component and it seems both are the same. What is the difference between these 2 components?

For me, the modded component has SO MANY great additions,
just to name some:
-the highlighter on the tag mappings
-the drag'n'drop of filenames which was not possible before (and it looks nicer now)
-the new preferences windows, integrated in fb2k
-the guis look much better now
-the new manage artwork feature
-and, of course, the component now shows the format of a release (CD/TAPE/VINYL/...), which I missed in the old component.

Magnificent !!!

Should I use both of them?

Sure, why not, use the "old" compontent as usual, and if you want to use new features (or want to report bugs), use the modded one.
The modded component might crash a little bit more than the old one did :-]

Well, you certainly have to check those new/enhanced features yourself...

Reply #3020
@da yuyu

Tried mod.17.1 after several weeks of abstinence and it's always crashing on me after fetching the artist releases. When it wasn't crashing and opened the match track dialogue no tracks where shown - weather the fetched release tracks nor my local files...

EDIT: crazy sh..., i found the culprit. when having foo_upnp_out selected as output device (DLNA speaker), then your plugin is crashing. Having selected primary sound driver, everything is working as expected. :-O

With
Version: 1.0.4
Compiled: Aug 19 2021

I have similar crashes...directly, after opening the find release window and some fetching, fb2k crashes. Particular, when I listen to music (primary sound driver) and fb2k just was restarted and the first thing I did was pressing the keyboard-hotkey for the fine modded component to open the find release window.
I got about 20 crashes in a row, but after I just waitet 2 minutes after fb2k was startet and did the same thing, it seems to work as usual.
strange...

unfortunately, I have about 30 crash reports in the crash reports folder and dunno which it was....(I did a lot of testing and got a lot of crashes)

Reply #3021
Hi! I'm using foo_discogs 2.23 and I noticed for some time foo_discogger. I installed the component and it seems both are the same. What is the difference between these 2 components? Should I use both of them?

@Koshingg
I would say that the latest official foo_discogs release is the best choice to get started. I tagged most of my collection with it flawlessly (although most of my collection contained NO TAGS whatsoever). It also adds security being an official component, it has the most trustworthy documentation... and you also have this thread, with tons of useful information.

The early v2.23 modded versions, as fuffi mentioned above, included attempts to fix odd bugs, and to achieve finer grained control over tag updates. Some of the code for these fixes may eventually be merged into foo_discogs when zoomorph resumes development.

Unfortunately, the modded versions also intruduce instability problems so I wouldn't advice them.

Reply #3022
is github the place to post them, or this thread?

Github please.

When I change the string, I need to restart fb2k to apply the changes, which is...inconveniant.
Is there a way, that I can change those strings and apply them *directly* (or with less clicks as possible) for testing them?

I did not test it myself, I would try again after deleting the cache (from preferences->cache).

Reply #3023
Hey all, I have been using foobar for quite a while and I am able and comfortable to "get my hands dirty" with using and modifying components that I choose in my foobar setup, I am struggling a bit with the language needed to get my desired results from the foo_discogs component. I have been scouring this thread and I've spent quite a bit of time playing around with editing tag mappings but i cannot come up with the right language. I need help. I have a few specific entries I would love the Discogs tagger to write to my files. For example, how to write the credits entry from a Discogs release exactly as it appears on the Discogs release page. i.e. Credits
Art Direction – Jay Vigon
Art Direction [Album Cover Concept], Design – Paul Clark (9)
Bass Guitar – Geezer Butler
Drums – Vinny Appice
Engineer – Bill Freesh, Lee De Carlo*
Illustration – Stan Watts
Keyboards – Geoff Nicholls
Lead Guitar – Tony Iommi
Liner Notes – Steffan Chirazi
Management [Product] – Jon Richards
Photography By – Mark Weiss (3), Pat Harbron*
Producer – Geezer Butler, Tony Iommi
Remastered By – Andy Pearce, Ray Staff
Vocals – Ronnie James Dio

I want to have all this info in my .flac files just as they are shown on the page. I have a Company entry, Credits entry, Notes entry and Barcode / Other entry. These 4 strings, I simply don't have the knowledge to write to correct, I will call it code. While there are examples of the Credits entry being used in a tag, it is a long single line string. I would like to have each credit on its own line.

I also am trying to right language for the Engineered by, Mastered by, Mixed by and Produced by. As of now I physically add each entry I am interested in by copy and pasting. I know there is a solution out there, I simply cannot wrap my head around it!

And one last request is to ask if anyone knows if there is a complete list of foo_discogs tag mappings. The basic list is kinda there in the editing section, but how can someone access a list of some sort either from foobar or directly from the Discogs code.

Thanks for any and all help. This is my first post here, I look forward to hearing from you! 

Reply #3024
I've been using fb2k for years, but I only just discovered foo_discogs, and... wow! This will save me a lot of manual work!

I like saving both the original release date and the reissue date, and would like the full dates when available. I found RELEASE_DATE_RAW, but is there any way to get MASTER_RELEASE_DATE_RAW? I've only found that MASTER_RELEASE_YEAR works, so far.