Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: Error when writing tags to Flac files. (Read 888 times) previous topic - next topic

Error when writing tags to Flac files.

Hey everyone, Noobgamer0111 here!

This is my first post, so go easy on me.

I'm getting an error, "One file cannot be updated: file is already in use." when I try to make edits to the tags of a recently added flac file. I've made a post with a clip of the error on r/foobar2000 as well on this with the rest of the information.

(Yes, I've checked nothing else is accessing the files in Task manager, and the files can be written to).
Post link: https://www.reddit.com/r/foobar2000/comments/nst5p1/error_when_trying_to_update_file_tags_in_fb2k/

Cheers in advance!

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ Have a nice day! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

Re: Error when writing tags to Flac files.

Reply #2
I can't find any safe downloads of unlocker, all of them seem to be infected with viruses when I scan them with VirusTotal.

Reply #4
I already had a look at the dev's page, but both the portable and installer leads to error 404 (the dev must have removed it off his site).
I also inspected the page using Chrome's developer tools, but could not find the .exe.

I'll check the iobit links right now.

Reply #7
 :P Thanks ApesBrain. Cheers for that.

Reply #8
Could be waveform seekbar scanning your files for a while after they're added.

Reply #10
Process Explorer can also find file handles and close them, which is about as much as an unlocker can do.