Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: 1.6.7 beta3 new exclusive output mode problem (Read 9135 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1.6.7 beta3 new exclusive output mode problem

Reply #25
Dr. DAC 2 DX is a USB Class 1 audio device.

I have several DAC's around here which are Class 2 audio devices with XMOS audio interfaces. Exclusive mode push has never been a problem, event has always been a problem. I found a buffer of 20 maximum works for event both with 1.6.7 beta 5 and 1.6.6 with the WASAPI component. increase it to 21 and I get garbage. I am using 16 for a bit of leeway. This tells me if your device worked with the WASAPI component it will likely work with the built in WASAPI. If it did not work with the component, it's likely to not work with 1.6.7 beta 5.

Reply #26
This tells me if your device worked with the WASAPI component it will likely work with the built in WASAPI. If it did not work with the component, it's likely to not work with 1.6.7 beta 5.
My Modius never worked properly with Event, but it worked perfectly with push on the old plugin. With the built-in exclusive mode, almost every song stops in the middle with an error "Buffer too large". I've tried with buffer sizes ranging from 12 to 200. It worked with the default Push buffer size with the old plugin, which I think was 200.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #27
I keep getting the Buffer too large error. Please give us the option to suppress the error message saying the old exclusive mode has been replaced and deprecated. I just want to use the output mode that has worked flawlessly for me for the last decade.
Think millionaire, but with cannons.

Reply #28
Please give us the option to suppress the error message saying the old exclusive mode has been replaced and deprecated. I just want to use the output mode that has worked flawlessly for me for the last decade.
I agree with you.  That way users can choose sans message stress to use a plugin that has performed perfectly for them, while work can continue on the built-in option at whatever pace the developer chooses.

Reply #29
foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 7 Output: DAC Driver [exclusive]
(FOSTEX HP-A4, FOSTEX HP-A4BL)
The sound is terribly dirty again.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #30
Beta 7, WASAPI Exclusive, Realtek HD, ALC 662, 6.0.1.8036 (2.81). Plays fine without fading, but with fading enabled huge stuttering occurs after switching from track with 44,1 sample rate to track with 48 khz. And vice versa. Also stuttering occurs, when tracks have different channels count (e.g. when playing mono file after playing stereo files)

Reply #31
Thanks for your feedback.

foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 7 Output: DAC Driver [exclusive]
(FOSTEX HP-A4, FOSTEX HP-A4BL)
The sound is terribly dirty again.
Does this work properly (play a clean beep) for you?
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive.exe
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #32
Hi :) Peter
Thanks.
No, There is noise.
SHURE SRH1840, SENNHEISER HD660S2, SENNHEISER HD 490 PRO, DT 1990 PRO, HIFIMAN ANANDA, HIFIMAN Arya, AKG K712 PRO, SONY MDR-1AM2, Bowers & Wilkins P7, FiiO FT5, Bose QuietComfort 45 (made a Upgrade/Balanced Cable by myself) Shall I write more?

Reply #34
In beta 7 playback in  exclusive mode is glitchless for local files and streams with fading disabled and enabled on both Realtek and Dr DAC 2 DX.
Although, it seems that few milliseconds are "eaten"on manual start of playback for Dr DAC 2 DX (or maybe there is always some glitch on the start of playback). Since it uses standard windows driver for USB audio devices, this should be reproducible with other similar devices, i guess. Noticeable on playback of attached fragment. First drum hit doesn't sound right with new exclusive mode. Playback with old WASAPI exclusive component doesn't have such artifact. I use windows 7.

Reply #35
Many times Thank you.
Both are terrible noise.

Reply #36
foobar2000 v1.6.6 [Output: WASAPI (push): FOSTEX USB Audio HP-A4BL]
and
foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 6 [Output: Default: FOSTEX USB Audio HP-A4BL [exclusive]]
No Problem.

Reply #37
How about these two-
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-min.exe
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-5ms.exe
Windows10 detected them as Trojan threats and removed them immediately, so I can't test with them.
Anyway I could hear clean beep with BeepExclusive.exe but I still have system crash (reboot) with Beta 7 too.

Reply #38
(error, please delete.)

Reply #39
Windows10 detected them as Trojan threats and removed them immediately, so I can't test with them.
Why not just temporarily turn off Microsoft Defender?  BTW, Windows 10 21H1 here with the latest Defender updates, and these files are not detected as threats.

Reply #40
Why not just temporarily turn off Microsoft Defender?
Seriously??? Your anti-virus software detects a threat and you want to switch if off to check, if it is a false positive?

Reply #41
Many times Thank you.
Both are terrible noise.
Thanks.
Please try these-
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-20ms.exe
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-50ms.exe

Note that BeepExclusive-min.exe was unmodified code from MSDN; if that doesn't work, there's definitely a problem with the drivers.
Microsoft Windows: We can't script here, this is bat country.

Reply #42
Thanks Peter

BeepExclusive-50ms.exe is has no noise.
BeepExclusive-20ms.exe is terrible noise.

>  there's definitely a problem with the drivers.
Probably FOSTEX Driber are the cause.

Reply #43
Many times Thank you.
Both are terrible noise.
Thanks.
Please try these-
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-20ms.exe
https://www.foobar2000.org/temp/BeepExclusive-50ms.exe

Note that BeepExclusive-min.exe was unmodified code from MSDN; if that doesn't work, there's definitely a problem with the drivers.
I had experienced system crash at first try with BeepExclusive-20.exe, but after reboot there were no problems in successive tests and I can hear clean beep sound.

Reply #44
Also, the Driver is broken.
I can no longer play normally.

FOSTEX Driver has been re-installed again.
Re-installing the FOSTEX Driver is hard.

I can play.

Many Many Thanks Peter.  ;)

Reply #45
I'm still in trouble.
The Driver is completely broken.
Even if I don't do anything, the headphones make noise.

Reply #46
I had driver issues coupled with this as well. And the problem is/might be, that if you try to disable and enable, a faulty driver (possibly even one Windows in all its infinite wisdom found for me) might persist. Tools for removing them to re-install:
https://www.raymond.cc/blog/uninstall-hidden-devices-calling-ghostbuster/

GhostBuster is a bit counterintuitive in that you must "Add" something in order to remove it, but apart from that ... also, NirSoft generally offers good little utilities that do what they are supposed to.

Reply #47
Device Manager>Audio/Sound>delete
Control Panel>DAC Driver uninstall
Driver reinstall and update from SD Card.

Did not improve.  :'(

@Porcus. Thanks for this info.
I will try.

Reply #48
foobar2000 v1.6.7 beta 7.

The DAC is completely broken.
It always generates a lot of noise and cannot be played.
The same is true for other Audio Players.

Reply #49
My suggestion is not to use DAC drivers if you are running Win 10 as it has native support for USB Class 1 & 2 audio. You might think the beta is broken but it's just your driver. Win 7 does not have USB Class 2 audio support built in. If you are having problems with a Class 2 device there's often no way to tell if it's your driver or the beta.

I realize there will be exceptions.