Skip to main content

Notice

Please note that most of the software linked on this forum is likely to be safe to use. If you are unsure, feel free to ask in the relevant topics, or send a private message to an administrator or moderator. To help curb the problems of false positives, or in the event that you do find actual malware, you can contribute through the article linked here.
Topic: album art loader and custom filesystem (Read 1555 times) previous topic - next topic

album art loader and custom filesystem

In my case there is custom filesystem API implementation, that declares its paths as local (filesystem::is_remote() returns false).

Somehow during the external art finding process, a directory of the track location may be get opened as a file for read. In my case everything is a file, so filesystem::open(open_mode_read) does return a file, instead of throwing exception_io_not_found(). And the problem is, if there are no other album art candidates, art loader ends up with a text "Unsupported format or corrupted file".

Note, it seems an opening directory as a file happens only if 'Search patters' (Preferences -> Display -> Album Art -> Front Cover) is empty, or contains an empty line, or contains commented out line (thanks @WilB for initial research). So my hope is that this is not expected behavior and was just overlooked, since overall scenario is quite exotic.